Norma vs Remington Brass, case volume

Lovellr653

While loading some once fired Remington brass for load development I could feel some primers seated easier than others. I had used a Sinclair primer pocket uniformer as part of my brass prep so my assumption is the difference was due to minor factory variances in primer pocket circumference, no big deal since I'm just using this for hunting deer inside 200yds. I noticed right away at the range when shooting my starting loads a couple of the primers seemed to have walked out a touch. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or heard of this? As I worked up in charge weight the issue seemed remedy itself. Either way I found a charge weight that shot well but I don't have confidence in the Remington Brass. The only 30-06 brass I could find online was Norma (I have no experience with this brand) which I purchased through Unknown Munitions. I plan on working up a load with this new brass based on results from the Remington brass. Roughly, what amount of case volume difference should I expect to see? Is there a tried and true method for measuring case volume? I've read to use water, water/ alcohol, water/ dish detergent, kerosene, fine ball powder, or even a fine sand. Not sure it really even matters but it sounds like there can be pretty significant difference in case volume between manufactures. With finite reloading supplies I'd like to reduce consumption if at all possible. Any input would be appreciated.

For a rough comparison, weigh an empty case that has been fired in your gun of each, take note, fill both to the top of the neck with water without a meniscus, weigh them and the difference will be obvious.
I can tell you straight away that the Norma brass will hold more water, the amount I do not know. I have Remington and Norma 25-06 brass, the Norma holds around 6 grains more water.

Cheers.

For a rough comparison, weigh an empty case that has been fired in your gun of each, take note, fill both to the top of the neck with water without a meniscus, weigh them and the difference will be obvious.
I can tell you straight away that the Norma brass will hold more water, the amount I do not know. I have Remington and Norma 25-06 brass, the Norma holds around 6 grains more water.

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback, 6 grains is significantly more, I wouldn't have guessed it would be that much. Do your alter your recipe depending on what brass you use?

Yes, each brand tells me what load it likes.
The Norma can't be run hard, it is softer and thinner in the web, it doesn't handle the same pressures.

Cheers.