Norma powder

Rosebud

I've owned a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel for several years and tried tac, Cfe and others. Finally settled on Alliant Powder Pro Varmint. It shot well and has taken many deer and hogs, plus a few first kills for young hunters. All that being said, I can't find PPV. Anywhere. So I found Norma 201 for sale at powder valley and purchased 3 pounds, plus 8 pound jug of Staball. Very lucky. Anyway, with123 SST,s it went from ok shooter to shooting bug holes. 28 grains in lapua brass ,450 CCI primers. Little over max load but its shooting2530 FPS with no pressure issues. Call me a Norma fan from now on. Who knew the powder shortage would prove so helpful.

glad You did so well. When I start load development, I test as many different powders as I can because I've had some unusual results. Most guys like the slower powders. I find that I get some amazing numbers and tight groups with the faster ones. My old 243 had a love affair with imr3031 and Hornady 100 gr sbt shooting one hole groups. 2 days ago my new 284 was doing ok with rl16, 4451 and last minute I decided to try 4166. Bingo, .1" groups and 5es And 3138 FPS. Often I can find the perfect powder using quickload and a method I started testing and it works well so far

Thanks for the info, I went with PPV because of the24 inch barrel on the CZ. Thought slower burning powder would prove good, and it was working well as the number of dead critters can attest to. Bud never to the level it shoots now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.