Norma MRP in 7 WSM?

elktaker

Anyone use Norma MRP? I wanted to get some H1000 or RL 25 but could not find any so order 2 lbs of Norma MRP.

Once my 7mm wsm Pacnor barrel, I plan to start with 168 berger VLD and maybe.

The berger books list it as the highest velocity at Max load and looks like I should be able to hit the mid 3100's FPS with a 28" barrel no problem.

berger list max loads for RL22 and MRP

RL22 63.5- 2902 FPS
MRP 63.2- 2940 FPS

with 168 bergers

Just curious if anyone has used it and results. Sounding pretty good in most magnums.

I found 65 gr MRP to be .50 moa. 3060 fps with 168 classic hunter. COL of 2.94". 25" Brux.

what caliber? 7mm wsm? Hoping to get under 1/2 MOA and anywhere above 3000 fps, I will be content with accuracy.

thanks I am going to try a COAL to fit mag. I think I can go to 2.9" but will probably start at 2.86" for more reliable feeding and see how groups turn out after the break in.

If not close to 1/2 MOA, I will pull them out a bit towards the lands.

Good luck, you should get 3100, and if you are content with 3000 you have several charges and COL to play with to get the accuracy.

Good luck, you should get 3100, and if you are content with 3000 you have several charges and COL to play with to get the accuracy.

I decide to have Pac-nor make it short throat-ed so that my COL at 2.900" (absolute max for my mag) will be touching lands. That should give me the ability to get better accuracy out of the mag, I hope.

2.860" is SAAMI for 7mm wsm so I can back off to .040" and still be in SAAMI. I will start .010 off for break in and initial load testing.

Hopefully at the end I have a long range elk killing machine. Plus, my coworker just dropped over 4k on a Montana Rifle Company in 300 Win Mag (think 26" barrel) and a Mark 4 scope. He hates berger's so light recoil and BC should be in my favor ;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts