Norma MRP? cant find H1000

bigbass

Hey Guys, can't find H1000 to save my life!!!!!!can't find it local or internet. What was recommended is Norma MRP and I found some, What do you guys think?

I need to order some to try out. I have been told that's what Weatherby uses for their factory magnum powder. Seems to be good stuff for overbore calibers, so it oughtta be pretty decent from what I've read about it.

Bigbass, what state. I see H1000 almost weekly here in the Phoenix area. Local gunshops, Cabelas and shooting supply stores usually one will have some. My son and I use it in our Weatherbys.

My gunsmith likes the Norma powders. He tells me that the MRP is about the same as RL 22. He also says that the Norma 217 is very close to H-1000. In fact we just worked up a load for my 7SAUM with the 217 and 180 gr Berger's. Getting 2910 fops with good accuracy. Suppose to not be temperature sensitive. Brruce

I am in Louisiana, I've gone to Shreveport ( closest big town ) and looked all over, must have more reloaders than I thought around here, all powders are really low, what is left is pistol powder or something I don't need. Internet seems to be cleaned out, this must be a really popular powder, I see why everybody stocks up when they can.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.