Norma Brass

Looks like that brass took a long, long ride to get to your door. A quick run through the necks with the expander ball of your sizing die will fix that real easy.

NO, why would you want to fire anneal them? They are brand new - put the torch away.

Norma is some of the best brass you can buy, or at least it used to be. Haven't bought any in recent years. Still using the Norma brass I bought years ago.

They used to ship it in 20 round boxes, - looks like you got them loose in one bag?

Last edited:
View attachment 315450Has anyone used Norma brass. I got this order of 22-250 brass from them because that's all I could find, but dang, this is just out of 100 pcs. And i havent gone through it piece by piece yet.
I think im going to just act like it's once fired and anneal it,re size it and give it a try. Its all ive got right now
View attachment 315450
my guess is that is "bulk" brass, not boxed.
there is little quality in the BULK brass.
been bitten once, never again, i always ask now
brownells did this and has bullets .com

I use Norma .300 RUM brass in fire forming the .270 Allen Magnum. Currently using it in my .300WinMag and I just haven't noticed necks like those. Both purchased a couple of years ago.

I am currently having a problem with getting some Norma ammo replaced. I bought five boxes of Norma Tactical .223 Rem FMJ, 55gn. I actually bought it with the intent to reload the brass after I had "enjoyed" shooting it. The bottom line on the box reads, "Highly Reliable. Proudly made in the USA". Now I do not know who actually make this stuff or where but the ammo that I got was not Highly Reliable, heck it wasn't even remotely reliable. Out of two boxes of 20ea (40 total) only about half of it actually ignited. I tried it in two different .223's (Remington and Marlin) and was the same.
I wrote them an email in Mar 2021 and they contacted me pretty quickly and sent a postage paid label to get the unused ammo back. In Apr 2021 Kim Brekel said they would send me three more boxes when it became available.
In Aug 21, after two or three emails, Mrs. Brekel said that the ammo (.223) was not available would I be interested in any other calibers.
I sent her all the calibers I use, we banged around emails a few times, I selected .270 Win., then after another wait, that was out of stock, no backorder. So we agreed on .300WInMag 180gn Bond Strike. That was Sep 10, 2021. Last email she sent thanked me for confirming (which ammo) and said, "We will ship when the product is available." Nothing since them.
I will never buy their product(s) again.

I reload for my AR15s and a couple of them ding the case mouth like that when they eject. They resize just fine. If they are too bad I just toss them in the brass bucket and move on. I've thrown away a lot more money than a handful of brass costs on things a lot less worthy. lol

View attachment 315450Has anyone used Norma brass. I got this order of 22-250 brass from them because that's all I could find, but dang, this is just out of 100 pcs. And i havent gone through it piece by piece yet.
I think im going to just act like it's once fired and anneal it,re size it and give it a try. Its all ive got right now
View attachment 315450
None f these are really bad. One pass in the sizer die. You would do that any way.

I jusr received my order of 200 rds of Norma 22-250 brass just before thanksgiving. Mine looks nothing like that. Couple dinged necks is all. Same with 200 rounds of .300 WSM. I think you were just unlucky. Yours look like they will be fine after sizing though.

Call Norma. In my view that is unacceptable for "new" brass. I've been shooting Norma 300 WM brass for 5 years and I've never encountered anything like that. Send it back.

Looks like that brass took a long, long ride to get to your door. A quick run through the necks with the expander ball of your sizing die will fix that real easy.

NO, why would you want to fire anneal them? They are brand new - put the torch away.

Norma is some of the best brass you can buy, or at least it used to be. Haven't bought any in recent years. Still using the Norma brass I bought years ago.

They used to ship it in 20 round boxes, - looks like you got them loose in one bag?
Yes, they came in a loose bag. Take what you get I guess

Call Norma. In my view that is unacceptable for "new" brass. I've been shooting Norma 300 WM brass for 5 years and I've never encountered anything like that. Send it back.
I normally would just toss it and go on, But Dang, This stuff was a Buck a Piece. I know things are crazy but I would expect more than that

After further inspection, All the head stamps and primer pockets looked fine. But add insult to injury there was only 99 pcs. in the bag. Oh the times we live in!!

After further inspection, All the head stamps and primer pockets looked fine. But add insult to injury there was only 99 pcs. in the bag. Oh the times we live in!!
most likely sold(counted) by weight.
which shows you just how bad it is

You have to consider the delivery company or companies. They just throw boxes literally. I have received items that were coming out of the bottom and that was a Bartlein barrel and also other items. People are just people. The best to you on what you decide.