Norma Brass

Remember when brass came in boxes of 20 that was ready to load without even chamfering? Ummmmmm, ahhhhh, me neither you'd have to be really old for that. Seriously, never worked much with Norma brass. The factory loads I seen back in the 70's really sucked so I avoided it. Several chamberings, several different people, same answer. Hang fires, squibs, extra hot all in the same box. I run a lot of Starline and old WW.

Looks very similar to my 22-250 Norma brass. They said don't load and toss, but didn't want to do anything about it.
norma2.jpg
norma.jpg

I have run Norma brass in WSM both 270 and 300 for more than 15 years and I still think it is the best Short mag brass i have ever found. I know things can change. I am now loading Norma in 270 Win. It comes in boxes of 20 pieces and they are so perfect that i think it is a waste of time to resize them. I think the problem may be bulk packaging not with the brass.

I have run Norma brass in WSM both 270 and 300 for more than 15 years and I still think it is the best Short mag brass i have ever found. I know things can change. I am now loading Norma in 270 Win. It comes in boxes of 20 pieces and they are so perfect that i think it is a waste of time to resize them. I think the problem may be bulk packaging not with the brass.

I think you may have nailed it. When the pieces can jostle around and bump into each other during shipping, this is bound to happen. Cartridge cases are hard on one end and soft on the other. When they bang into each other, they beat each other up. All they would have to do would be to fill up the box ( as in use a box that has no extra room in it ) and this wouldn't happen. I got some Norma 280 Remington brass from Midway a while back, in boxes of 25 pieces. There was some extra room in the boxes for the brass to rattle around, but none of it was damaged at all. I have never seen what this guy is showing us here, and I've been using Norma brass for decades.

The piece I the lower left corner may not be salvageable. Perhaps the vendor would replace all 100 or possibly contact Norma directly. Email: [email protected], telephone number: 1-912-800-9281. I recently purchased Norma brass for my .270 Win which all were perfect. Only brass I could find locally and I always prefer buying locally.
Have to agree on that lower left one. Put in your recycle bin after crushing the neck/shoulders. The only brass I've ever received undamaged has been Lapua, but perhaps I've been more fortunate. Still, I have used Norma in the past without any issues. Other than military brass, I still prefer Lapua.

One time I got some 264 Win Mag Nosler/Norma brass that had a few that were in bad shape also. Contacted Nosler and they sent me some more pieces, and a few extras on top of that. Cannot hurt to contact them and see what they will do.

If you haven't already resized I'd take some needle nosed pliers and roll that bent lip on the bottom left before I did anything to it. It looks crimped on the two edges, if so you may not get very good service out of it.

View attachment 315450Has anyone used Norma brass. I got this order of 22-250 brass from them because that's all I could find, but dang, this is just out of 100 pcs. And i havent gone through it piece by piece yet.
I think im going to just act like it's once fired and anneal it,re size it and give it a try. Its all ive got right now
View attachment 315450
Have to take what you can get now days. Straighten case mouths with long tapered punch just enough to not catch on expander button then resize. I've saved cases with way worse mouths than those with a center punch.