noob question: need help with rings and base mount for NF scope

LillDragun

So I'm getting a Sako 75 Varmint .243; currently I think it has the Sako Optilock base and rings for a 1 inch tube. The deal on the rifle was w/out the scope, so I had to get my own scope. I decided on a NightForce 3.5-15x50. What are my options as far as mounting this scope? I'm sure I'm not the only person with a model 75 that has had this predicament. Here are pictures of the base and rings.

72118877.jpg

53eb0875.jpg

09550ec6.jpg

182ed285.jpg

Do y'all think I can get some Optilock rings in 30mm for the right height and the done with it? Is that how these bases work? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sako optilock extra low 30mm rings are listed to work with 55 - 63 mm diameter scope and low 30 mm for 59 - 67 mm. My NF 3.5-15X50 NXS is 60 mm in diameter. You can do a search for Sako 75 bases and rings, but mostly you will find posts from people complaining about what's available. Pretty much all other options I've found require tapping the receiver or they use set screws into the top of the receiver. Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.