noob from New Mexico

arroyoshark

Nice place ya' have here. I'm in northern NM, retired from one vocation, with a bit of time on my hands. I am a part time apprentice with a local gunsmith at the end of the Santa Fe Trail, or fin del sendero.

Found your website while searching for some parts for a rifle I am working on. I found the part here and secured it. Spent a little time "grazin" on the site and discovered folks here have some good information . . . and camaraderie as well. So, I found the hitchin' rail and threw a hitch on it (registered).

I have enjoyed hunting New Mexico and will continue to do so. Many years ago I was addicted to the metallic silhouette game and attended many matches over at Whittington Center in Raton. Nice place as well.

Thanks for lettin' me throw in with ya !

Man you are in a great state for some long range shooting. Welcome aboard. If MS were not home, I would be somewhere in NM.

Thanks Eddybo !

New Mexico is great state to be outdoors, a land of contrasts for sure. We advise visitors that if they don't care much for the weather, wait 15 minutes, it will change. It's certainly a mix of things which is alright. With so much public land and relatively few folks, it's not hard to find a suitable place to go long. The NRA has some wonderful ranges for long shooting - 1000 yds. over at its Whittington Center in Raton. It's a great place to visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.