Non waterproof boots

If you are like me you are miserable in poor fitting boots. Also get fed up with boots that seams fall apart when wet or get used and abused. If you ask me, it is well worth every penny buying quality, comfortable boots! There are amazing internet deals available. Take a close look at reviews and reviews comparing different boots.....the internet is loaded with them.

I have a set of 5.11 jungle boots. They're soft and coyote color. Odd for jungle boots, I know, but they're soft and comfortable. I wear them because I hunt swamps and trying to stay dry is a fools errand. When you're not wet they breathe well, and when they do get wet they dry quickly.

+1 for the Moab ventilators. I've had a few pairs going back to probably 2007(?)… I keep going back for more for a lightweight hiker that's not waterproof.

I live on a ranch in western South Dakota and am on my feet all day every day and during the summer and my feet get way too hot in waterproof boots. Most of the time we are pretty dry around here so waterproofing is not necessary majority of the time. Whats everyones favorite pair of non waterproof hiking boots without breaking the bank. Under $200 if possible. Thanks!
This is my second pair of Merrell boots have
image.jpg
you ever just put on a pair of boots and they fit and you know these are the ones.

I use Danner Tanicus for the military. Part number 55316 is not waterproof. I'm on my second pair and love them. Price is well under $200.

Shortly after ordering the second pair, they had a company wide computer system outage causing the boots to be late. A couple days later I got an email explaining the delay and that they were refunding 15% of my total purchase (I think that was the percentage) because of the delay. Considering I didn't complain about the delay, I felt them preemptively offering the discount was the stand-up thing to do. Customer service for the win!

Last edited:
After 31 years in the Army, I've come to really like the newer combat boots and wear them most of the time even after retiring. not too expensive come in about any size and breath very well. I did not want to be the "old vet " running around in Army stuff but I'm tired of wasting money on civilian boots that dont fit or work out.

Under armour valsetz all day comfort, good ankle support, just not waterproof. Didnt pay attention to that when I bought them so just use them for early season and summer hiking

I know they are above your budget but I where nicks, or whites boots. A lot of the woodland firefighters where them so they are in dry hilly
Mountains type terrain. I wear them on construction sites and they are very comfortable very supportive for the foot and ankle. And they hold up very well. Specially if you clean them every so often and oil them up. They are all leather with replaceable soles and are rebuildable. Built like a boot should be.