Non waterproof boots

I just re-read your post, and realized you live on a ranch. Cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. And if you prefer lace up, then go with the lacer style. I've spent many hours wearing regular cowboy boots and love them. Twisted X makes some fantastic boots, some with carbon fiber toes, which are much lighter than steel. My final suggestion would be Keen. Especially if you have a wider foot. Some of the Keen boots are still made in Oregon. They do require a different insole if you have high arches. Keen makes hiking and work styles.

I went through the same thing last year when all the stores around me were closed for China flu. I went on REI website and ordered 5 or 6 different pairs of boots. Tried them all on and picked the one I liked. No boots cost more then $200. Shipped the ones I didn't like back. Free shipping and free returns at rei.com

Lowa zephyr's. Great boots, own multiple pairs that literally have hundreds of miles on them. Little pricy but worth it. Right at your 200 mark.

Uninsulated Danner Pronghorn, gen 5. Would be a very good choice for you I think. I've been using the original version, the same pair of boots, for many years hunting tough country (Texas, Mississippi, Idaho mountains, Northern Cali). The latest generation went back to the original version like I use for a more comfortable "athletic shoe" fit. These boots are tough! Well designed, breath great (100 degrees Texas hunting, and mine are insulated), are very comfortable standing and walking 12 hour days hunting. Bone dry always with a goretex bootie. If you actually do get any rain or water and your feet get wet, you won't have a very good day, so definitely stick with goretex. PS: Interesting story. I lived in Oregon (30+ years ago, before the metro areas turned into liberal sh7tholes). Talking to the reps at the factory store in Portland, they told me they initially had a problem with timber firefighters, because their heavy boots were so well insulated, they couldn't tell when their boots were on fire. I worked in the woods in the summers during college back then, chasing timber fallers. All the loggers wore Danners.

I used to sell work boots and when I first started we were required to wear a regular glove on one hand and a Gore Tex lining on the other. After an hour your hand was drenched and the Gore Tex hand was dry as can be. The lining does make it water proof but it also allows it to breath. I live and work in South Dakota and am used to the extreme temperatures. If you haven't tried Danner boots they are worth a look. From insulated and non insulated hunting boots to work boots. I wear work boots on a daily basis on construction sites, my feet are always dry and comfortable. A lot of waterproofing does not breathe well but I can attest to Gore Tex lining working very well.

Someone else mentioned Oboz. I love them As they fit my feet perfectly every time. I would check out Campsaver.com as well. They have good prices and fast shipping. That said, REI has an awesome return policy, so if you have an odd sized foot, KSB209's method would work well. It might just take some extra time.

I live on a ranch in western South Dakota and am on my feet all day every day and during the summer and my feet get way too hot in waterproof boots. Most of the time we are pretty dry around here so waterproofing is not necessary majority of the time. Whats everyones favorite pair of non waterproof hiking boots without breaking the bank. Under $200 if possible. Thanks!
Redwing might be a little above your price limit but they're american made and will outlast anything,they are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn,I worked construction all my adult life I've tried other brands but always came back to redwings IMHO

Redwing might be a little above your price limit but they're american made and will outlast anything,they are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn,I worked construction all my adult life I've tried other brands but always came back to redwings IMHO

Be careful expecting "American made" boots when buying Red Wing, a large portion of their line is imported. Go to their site and you can find where each model is made. Unless they changed it you can select USA made as one of the search filters.

I know what you mean. I've come off mountain tops with foot rot and blisters from sweating so badly in my boots. Why I started carrying multiple pair of socks in my pack. One on my feet, one ready to wear, one drying.
Stop in at a RedWing shoes and look for their Made In America models.
If you mink oil them, they *are* waterproof.
Still, one of the most comfortable, breathing boots I wear. Currently have a pair of them on, even though they are 15 years old, look like hell and it's time to replace the soles.
Mine are steel toed, one of the biggest toe-boxes.
Next one would be a variant of Danner Loggers, but those run $375 or so.

I wear a lot of danners. My favorite non-goretex ones are the "bull run." They have a white workshop sole but I think they'd be great around the farm in dry habitat. They're better on gravel than I would have expected and good in sand. They are not that much cooler or less humid than my goretex models but my feet aren't what sweats on me. They are very trustworthy, sturdy yet comfy, and run right in your price range, even though I think they discontinued some versions.

I just re-read your post, and realized you live on a ranch. Cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. And if you prefer lace up, then go with the lacer style. I've spent many hours wearing regular cowboy boots and love them. Twisted X makes some fantastic boots, some with carbon fiber toes, which are much lighter than steel. My final suggestion would be Keen. Especially if you have a wider foot. Some of the Keen boots are still made in Oregon. They do require a different insole if you have high arches. Keen makes hiking and work styles.
This - ^^^^ Keen. I have 2 pair - boot and hiking shoe. Comfortable and well within your price range.

Merrell, either Moab Vents or Chameleons. You specified hiking style boots, if you're rough on shoes I wouldn't necessarily expect them to hold up even a year. Darn Tough brand coolmax socks are nice for when you have to wear something more durable.

I have worn the Moab Ventilator in the low cut and Mid 2 for over 20 years. It's the most comfortable footwear I have ever used. However, make sure the boot is well covered by your jeans. Last summer I made the mistake of wearing shorts while hiking across a field with patches of cheat grass. The top 2" of the inside of the boot was imbedded with cheat grass seeds. It took me a couple of hours with a small needle nose plier to remove most of it. Some I couldn't get out. Over time some of the seeds have come to the surface so I could remove them, but the boots were almost ruined. Other than that, they are a very durable boot to wear in hot weather.