Non-resident license fees.

It's that the resources of this country belong to "all the people" of this country, per the North American Model
Your preaching to the choir courts have already ruled the states manage game in there state.
I'm sure your in favor of the feds getting involved, ask yourself what have they ever touched that they haven't "F" uped.
That would be wonderful to turn it over the the feds then just open up doors for Antis to sue to stop hunting just like the wolf and G bears. Be careful what you wish for
If your not entitled then why even bring up how much NR spend.

Last edited:
Your preaching to the choir courts have already ruled the states manage game in there state.
I'm sure your in favor of the feds getting involved, ask yourself what have they ever touched that they haven't "F" uped.
That would be wonderful to turn it over the the feds then just open up doors for Antis to sue to stop hunting just like the wolf and G bears. Be careful what you wish for
If your not entitled then why even bring up how much NR spend.
The Federal government is already involved to the tune of billions of dollars. That's other people's money. And yes, states do "manage" the wildlife, but they don't own it. They are the trustees, the caretakers if you will, of the nation's "treasure". So, in a way, yes, me and millions of other people are entitled, but not without just reason.

Like I saidvyour preaching to the choir, read the courts decision the states do own the game wether on federal or state land and manage as they see fit.
Read the court decision that was decided in N.M that was decided on what your trying to argue. Maybe then you'll get it, U.S.O outfitters tried to sue N.M for exactly what your talking about didn't workout so well for them.

Last edited:
Abso-freaking-lutely! I'd gladly pay multiple times over to not have to go out into the pumpkin patch! Most states or 90/10 or up to 20%. Colorado is 65/35 in most units and then otc is probably 25/75. Don't get me started on the secondary draw and turn back tags going to first buyer. Colorado has a lot of issues right now and it's not just the whoring of the woods, point creep is becoming a major issue. It's all fixable, but I'm not sure they want to fix it?
Then the pumpkin patch wouldn't change, just the residency of the pumpkins!

You are not paying to hunt federal land as a NR, you are paying to hunt state-owned and managed wildlife. Big difference.
Many NRs hunt private via outfitters, family, and friends. NR tags are not exclusive to federal lands. Much of Wyoming's public lands are state owned.
NRs are offered non-hunting recreational use of federal lands at the same opportunity level and costs as residents.
and thats the problem! If non-rez want to hunt private or state lands then i can understand the fees, but on federal lands the cost should be different. The states still profit from out of state hunters either way.

Like I saidvyour preaching to the choir, read the courts decision the states do own the game wether on federal or state land and manage as they see fit.
Read the court decision that was decided in N.M that was decided on what your trying to argue. Maybe then you'll get it, U.S.O outfitters tried to sue N.M for exactly what your talking about didn't workout so well for them.
Yes, I've read it, and I disagree with it. As did several justices.

Attachments

• fs_88801.jpg
    fs_88801.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 69
Because the market will bear the price. If enough people stop hunting out of state, the businesses in that state will put the pressure on their wildlife department to relax the fees somewhat., complicated to get everyone to stop hunting out of state , for many different reasons .
Complicated, If it was guaranteed that every single hunter / non hunters in groups , in every state would stop going for a year or two , I would kinda like to see just what impact it would have.

The list of businesses that would be effected is long ,
Besides the fuel stations and restaurants, motels , game processing, taxidermy, ranchers, guides ,sporting goods stores , tow trucks , tire repair ,private campgrounds , vacation home rentals , there's more , these are just a few .
Probably never happen , like stated above , always someone waiting in line to get a tag.

Here's something to chew on. When it's cheaper to go to south Africa and shoot 5 animals than to go out west or Alaska and shoot 1 who do you think will get the business when folks figure that out?? Which is the bigger adventure? Which the most memories? It is cheaper to go to Africa, kill 1 of the big 5 and 7-10 plains animals than to go to Alaska and kill a brown bear and a moose. Folks wonder why bears are overpopulated there.

Here's something to chew on. When it's cheaper to go to south Africa and shoot 5 animals than to go out west or Alaska and shoot 1 who do you think will get the business when folks figure that out?? Which is the bigger adventure? Which the most memories? It is cheaper to go to Africa, kill 1 of the big 5 and 7-10 plains animals than to go to Alaska and kill a brown bear and a moose. Folks wonder why bears are overpopulated there.
Good point. Probably won't happen anytime soon but I hope the get the griz delisted and give to the states to manage. Way too many around here and haven't been hunted since 1970. They need to fear humans again. It will take years to instill fear of humans in them.