Non-Experienced Elk Hunters, Pick your Cartridge!

Non-Experienced Elk Hunters, Pick you Cartridge!

• .22 hornet - 220 swift

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • .243 Win - 6.5X284

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 25-06 - 270 Win

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • 7mm-08 - .308 Win

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 30-06

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 7mm Mag

Votes: 56 29.6%
  • 300 Win - 300 RUM

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • 8mm - 338 Win

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • .340 Wby - 338 Lapua

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 375 H&H - 375 RUM & Larger

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
It don't make you an expert either, though.

True......but you are experienced! It's all a matter of degree! Many people hunt elk their entire lives....but may not be experts!

Definition of expert: x- is the unknown + spurt - a drip under pressure = an unknown drip under pressure. It's not always good to be an expert! ;) memtb

Is it wrong to say I'd rather pop the proverbial cherry on that bull?:eek:

This thread sure did take a left turn. But that's ok, he has two others that are basically the same thing.

This thread sure did take a left turn. But that's ok, he has two others that are basically the same thing.
It's sort of like carrying more than one round into the field, you never know what kind of crap you'll encounter...

It's sort of like carrying more than one round into field, you never know what type ---- you'll encounter...
I have shot an elk multiple times, so I get it. Heard this a lot, shoot till they are down for good. You definitely brought enough ammo!:D

Just playing around man.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.