Nolser CT Bullets are they worth their claim?

Jinx-)

Hey guys, I'm reading about Nosler CT bullets covered with Lubalox, Nosler claims it reduces wear of the barrel and increases speed? I'm thinking it just another molly bullet and a lot of Croil ahead :D

Any thoughts?

I've been shooting them a lot for the past year (180 300 WSM). Very pleased with the accuracy, I have never shot any game with them only paper, the claims are they are for light skinned animals. As far as barrel wear I can not comment as I do not know, what I can tell you is that "clean up" compared to say for instance Noslers Ballistic Tip (Non coated) is noticeably better.

Thank you Rickyrebar , so in your experience accuracy improved compare to regular Nosler's Ballistic Tip?

I've been shooting the 115's in a 25-06. The Lubalox coating is some sort of oxidation or oxide coating, not molly. Molly is something completely different. My barrel is a rough one and I haven't really compared the fouling to another bullet, but it still takes some cleaning to get the bore cleaned. Not sure how they would do in a better bore?

I shot an antelope with one last fall it worked well. It left about a 2" hole on the far side of the rib cage of a boiler room shot @ 280 yds. They also shoot well in my rifle. Whether or not they are worth the extra $3 a box over the BT's, I don't know.

Good shooting,

-Mark

I see, thank you Mark. I know a guy who is claiming that CT bullets add an extra 100+ fps vs regular BT and this is serious claim. Did anyone notice any significant gain in the velocities when using this bullets?

I see, thank you Mark. I know a guy who is claiming that CT bullets add an extra 100+ fps vs regular BT and this is serious claim. Did anyone notice any significant gain in the velocities when using this bullets?

Nope, and Nosler doesn't make such a claim either (I talked with a tech about it). Not saying that this guy is BS'ing... maybe he got a different pressure - velocity curve out of his rifle. My experience is 3400 fps (maybe slightly higher) with 55.5 gr of RL17. With the 110 AB's, I got 3500 fps, also with 55.5 gr of RL17. Both max loads with my Sendero. That implies to me the coating gave no velocity benefit over the uncoated AB's. Not exactly apples to apples, but close.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.