NoCal or Southern Oregon Pigs

Ekorrpilot

Hello all and apologies if this duplicates other posts--I have searched to no avail. I am wondering about options in Oregon or North California, ideally on public lands. I have heard that Tehama county has some, but would love some specific areas or other counties. Many thanks in advance,
--Matt

Matt,
I was born and raised in Tehama county. Killed several pigs out there. Public land is going to be a little tough, finding private where people will let you hunt is even tougher. Right off the bat one area that comes to mind is Grizzly Flatts or Burris Creek out at Black Butte Lake. I was out there in December just driving around and there was plenty of rooting around the area. Out there it's hit or miss. You'll be better off going during the week days because it can get busy during the weekend with hound hunters. If you get down and bust the brush in Grizzly flatts you have a shot at one.
Another area, or areas, not to overlook are the Sacramento River WMAs if you have a boat. From Red Bluff to Colusa almost every one of those areas have hogs. It's tough and thick, but there's a chance.
All those areas I've mentioned are shotgun or bow only. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll tell you everything I know considering I don't hunt the area anymore. No secrets to keep!lol

Grew up in southern OR and I've still got friends there. I'm sure we have a hog or two but I've never met anyone or heard of anyone who has shot one or hunted one here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.