No shortages!

I didn't say that there isn't a shortage, I only said that you can find shooting stuff on-line.
Unfortunately I live in Northern California and there is very little if anything in the way of reloading supplies here. I recently went to Oregon for several days and went to all of the gun stores and several larger farm/tractor supply-type stores and found very little and nothing I could use in the way of reloading stuff. I also went through Reno heading for my deer hunt south of Elko and again found little at either Cabela's or Scheels (?).
If I could buy powder, primers etc. over the counter locally I'd certainly buy it but I can't so I use gunboat.net as a referral site.

I didn't say that there isn't a shortage, I only said that you can find shooting stuff on-line.
Unfortunately I live in Northern California and there is very little if anything in the way of reloading supplies here. I recently went to Oregon for several days and went to all of the gun stores and several larger farm/tractor supply-type stores and found very little and nothing I could use in the way of reloading stuff. I also went through Reno heading for my deer hunt south of Elko and again found little at either Cabela's or Scheels (?).
If I could buy powder, primers etc. over the counter locally I'd certainly buy it but I can't so I use gunboat.net as a referral site.
Your title is "No Shortages!"

I too am highly biased against paying HAZMAT. But my LGS is charging 55 bucks plus tax for primers. If I find them online at 30 bucks, the Hazmat is almost paid for, and if I buy more than 1 brick, I'm saving big time.

Vettepilot

Hopefully Varget will be coming around soon. I have seen it locally a few times in the last month at normal prices. Lucked out and found a 8lb at a Sportsmans Warehouse. They had plenty of H4350, H1000, Varget and a few RL 26. I almost fainted, my girlfriend couldn't the big deal. Lol. No primers anywhere tho.
Which sportsman's?

Visalia, Ca. A week ago they had several 8 pounders of H4350, probably 15-20 1 pounders each of Varget, H1000 and H4350. There were a few RL 26 pounders as well. It was a beautiful sight, lol. I can't tell you the last time I have seen a jar of Retumbo.

Yeah they had varget at a New York sportsmans warehouse but it was 423miles one way, closest I could find. If I was still young it woulda been ROAD TRIP for sure but I'll wait for some local shops to get some. Soon be too much snow and cold to do much local shooting and deer season is done so I'll wait. On a side note I found a brick of CCI BR2 primers under the loading bench from a year or two ago.....made me feel like it was my birthday :)

Ah well, scratch my last post. First off, I just tried gunbot.net and it's a joke. Doesn't work.

And it SHOWED primers in stock here and there for 30 bucks. BUT, I shopped around online, and my LGS isn't all that out of line at 55 bucks a brick. I hadn't looked in a few weeks, and man have the prices gone crazy!!

Vettepilot

The problem here in Padonkeydonk Wyoming is that the local sporting goods store only gets one pounders and then only receives 25% of their order. Then they only allow you to purchase 2 pounds of any one powder.
So if I drive out of area is a 1.5 to 3 hr drive one way, to get to another sporting goods store.
That along with fuel cost and time wasted, I see no problem with the hazmat and shipping costs.
As long as you could max out on weight it would be worth it, I'm currently buying components for a new build backwards, starting with powders for the life of the barrel.
Can't do that at two pound increments if I desire all the powder for the life of the barrel to be the same lot number.
$38.99 - $41.99 per pound, no thanks
I have the primers though, same store will sale ya a thousand primers but only 20% of the powder to go with them.
Where in WY do you have primers. I will drive from SE ID if it is Western WY.

Where in WY do you have primers. I will drive from SE ID if it is Western WY.
If they have what I need I'll send money with you and help pay for fuels.....
Cause there's no primers here abouts in poc....and I've looked in neighboring cities too.....

The problem here in Padonkeydonk Wyoming is that the local sporting goods store only gets one pounders and then only receives 25% of their order. Then they only allow you to purchase 2 pounds of any one powder.
So if I drive out of area is a 1.5 to 3 hr drive one way, to get to another sporting goods store.
That along with fuel cost and time wasted, I see no problem with the hazmat and shipping costs.
As long as you could max out on weight it would be worth it, I'm currently buying components for a new build backwards, starting with powders for the life of the barrel.
Can't do that at two pound increments if I desire all the powder for the life of the barrel to be the same lot number.
$38.99 - $41.99 per pound, no thanks
I have the primers though, same store will sale ya a thousand primers but only 20% of the powder to go with them.
Ah well, scratch my last post. First off, I just tried gunbot.net and it's a joke. Doesn't work.

And it SHOWED primers in stock here and there for 30 bucks. BUT, I shopped around online, and my LGS isn't all that out of line at 55 bucks a brick. I hadn't looked in a few weeks, and man have the prices gone crazy!!

Vettepilot
i could go in tomorrow, they open at 8.
They last box besides the one I bought on the shelf was a partial, I think.
But I think he has been leeching out stuff slowly
I'm in the Bighorn Basin
P.M. me if your interested

Vettepilot
Agree. gunbot.net is a joke.

I've only seen primers at one local gun store lately. I don't burn up fuel driving around looking for stuff all that often. LGS want's $93 for a brick of small pistol primers with a sign that says (paraphrasing) "sorry, our costs have gone up and we have to pass them on."

Wear & tear + fuel + time is a significant cost that many ignore in their calculations. Hazmat and shipping isn't that bad unless you're buying things one-off.

I keep reading about shooters not being able to find typical reloading components and therefor can't shoot!
Their all there: primers, powders, brass, and bullets (and loaded ammo). GUNBOT searches the shelves of the all of the major suppliers (Cabela's, Midway, Midsouth, Graff's and on and on.
AGAIN, go to the GUNBOT.com site. I recently needed 8lb.s of IMR4350 and found several offers and selected and bought the powder from Powder Valley. However, I have searched for certain bullets (projectiles) and have not been able to find them anywhere so GUNBOT can't get you some specific items but they'll keep you shooting. (I always select IN-Stock Only.)
Gunbot.net

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.