NO shortage of scam warnings ...

Agreed! Gotta be vigilant and honor/trust 'that little voice' that does it's dead-level best to steer you in the right direction. Trust your instincts, folks. 👍
Chris, this reminded me of our transaction a few years ago. Your video with your daughter burning the first check sent was epic. I am glad it happened, though; it reinforces mutual respect and trust. Thanks again, Brother, for your friendship. Stay safe out there, and thank you for what you do in your community.

Last edited:
REAL gun guys are some of the most honest down to earth guys I have ever met. The pleasure of being around folks like this is what led me down the road of competitive shooting many years ago and kept me there. Met many lifelong friends and hunting buddies along the way. You can tell a lot about a person by reading his posts. You guys above are prime examples. I would not hesitate do do a transaction with each of you. Read all of someone's posts you can before sending them money. If a business do not ever do business with anyone who does not take ALL the major credit cards.

IMO - don't let desperation for components, firearm, gear etc be your co-pilot. Or try not to be that "last call" guy taking home a "10" that in morning is oh oh.

If your gut twitches on the deal, listen to your instincts and not cross fingers from desperation that I hope this goes through OK. Easier to back out and be 100% safe than rolling the dice.

User ID's are not sacred and can be duplicated to represent someone trust worthy. This I know from experience someone SIMPLY copied my user ID for another site to scam few there. Nobody has exclusive rights to a user ID.

Be smart and AWARE.

I am going to lay a LRH banner across any item I sell here to minimize photo shop for another site.

I still like old school USPS MO for most deals <$1K since it requires name and address. Plus you can get copy of their ID when cashed in most cases if deal goes sour.

CC still works for most part but be aware some CC companies do not support firearms and might be PITA for recovery.

Common sense is still alive and well, use it.

Last edited:
Yes, as said common sense. I suggest asking for some pics with the seller's face in it and maybe something not easy to photoshop, like a 'selfie' of the seller holding the item in front of the TV with a specified channel tuned in.

Yes, as said common sense. I suggest asking for some pics with the seller's face in it and maybe something not easy to photoshop, like a 'selfie' of the seller holding the item in front of the TV with a specified channel tuned in.
Even better FaceTime with seller with the item. Or zoom or something. At least you know he has it and what he looks like. Still no guarantee he will send it though. Any idea for an intermediary would add to costs. What is the world coming to?