No Retumbo no H100

I'm New to reloading I want to reload 28 Nosler
168 barns LRX
I have a cooper firearms with a 26 " proof research carbon fiber barrel .
I would like to get over 3200 F.P.S
seems like all the powder I should use is gone.
Most post are old and not helpful so I figured cant hurt to see what people are using also what primer are you using
Thanks for any help you wish to offer.
Tom Erickson
Tom, I wish I could be helpful as far as where to find some retumbo, h1000 or n570. Although rl25 is more temperature sensitive than the others mentioned, I believe you could get good accuracy with it. Im guessing that you will find a node somewhere between 3150 & 3200 fps. Just a guess that the next node up will be around 3260-3280. You may or may not be able to get to the higher node before pressure shows up.

Im no expert in this but....a freind has 280AI and loves H4831sc. It is temp stable and available usually. You would have to research and see if it will work or what youll be giving up and also what bullets ideal for it but it may be a decent option to get ya shooting and will work in many other big rifles.

I finely got my hands on powder H1000 the barns data uses a 24inch barrel , have a 26 how much more velocity will I get out of 2 inches?
I talked to a guy at work he said find out what bullet length works best then work on the charge I've read others start with the charge then bullet depth. Is it just preference or is one way better
I'm going to load for 28 nosler and barns 168 LRX
Thanks for any input

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.