No-lead 12 GA shotgun load recommendations?

RegionRat, get your duck load book out and see what you like.
If you reload or a buddy does!!
I use BB, 1 1/4 @ 29grs of Herco around 1330fps in my barrel. Al so 37 grs of Blue dot 1350fps!!
Use Red wad.
Happy Hunting
Mark

RegionRat, get your duck load book out and see what you like.
If you reload or a buddy does!!
I use BB, 1 1/4 @ 29grs of Herco around 1330fps in my barrel. Al so 37 grs of Blue dot 1350fps!!
Use Red wad.
Happy Hunting
Mark
I load target and hunting loads, but have not tested terminal ballistics of TSS in a 12 GA.
(It has been near impossible to find any near home, shells or components, thus the questions.)
(I am also not allowed to bring loaded ammo back into the state if I purchase it while on the road.)
Do you mean 1 1/4 BB in lead or in 18 gr/cc TSS?
Thanks.

Open the top of the shot gun shell, pour out pellets. Add BBs from Wal-Mart. Reseal!
Since I can no longer shoot coyotes with lead shotgun loads in CA, I am searching for recommendations from folks with no-lead coyote experience.

It took me a while to settle on shotgun loads for coyotes back when there were no restrictions.

The experience showed me that selecting a 12 GA shotgun load that kills quickly wasn't trivial.

I spend time with by Best Man where we will team up rifle and shotgun.

As a result, we postponed dealing with the shotgun load replacement but it has circled back around to time to figure this one out again.

I was happy with Hornady's Heavy Magnum Coyote which was nickel plated lead BB 3".
View attachment 434778

Those were developed in a collaboration with Les Johnson of Predator Quest fame and I thought they worked well, even out past 40 yards.

Does anyone have a favorite no-lead 12 GA load that they would recommend, 2 3/4 or Magnum, factory or load recipe?

I load target and hunting loads, but have not tested terminal ballistics of TSS in a 12 GA.
(It has been near impossible to find any near home, shells or components, thus the questions.)
(I am also not allowed to bring loaded ammo back into the state if I purchase it while on the road.)
Do you mean 1 1/4 BB in lead or in 18 gr/cc TSS?
Thanks.
Steel BB's you buy at the Hunting store for BB guns!

Open the top of the shot gun shell, pour out pellets. Add BBs from Wal-Mart. Reseal!
Steel BB's you buy at the Hunting store for BB guns!
Thanks guys.
I have done that in a pinch.

I'll be testing some 18 gram/cc tungsten here pretty soon, that is unless we get clobbered with storms again. Washed out the trail into the range pretty bad so we have spent all our time fixing trail damage. I won't curse the rain cause we need it, just not all at once in one place.....