no large male today

red dawg

Did'nt see Mr. big today but did kill a 2 year old, just wondered if anyone has seen what I saw this morning? On a totally different farm I drove thru the gate and closed it behind me, whitch was my mistake, should have let my buddy do it , but getting back in the truck I saw a yearling yote on a dead run as fast as he could with a large yote about 100yds behind him chasing. Is this terratory or food ? I wolfed bark at them and it didn't phase them a bit

Yup.....A Male Coyote chasing off a Young one...kinda like the Whitetail Rut where the Mature chases off the Young'ins! ;)

What State You in Red Dawg?Missouri here...!

It could be a situation much like when I was younger. At the bar we used to go to, there was an older woman that really didn't have any business being there. She loved to dance. We used to run like that when we saw her coming in our direction looking for a dance partner.

Who really knows, I don't think we will ever know everything about coyotes or women.

Mostly by size ,or its teeth, bone size, length of its body, and legs, not trying to be a jerk but if u have raised domestic dogs, the grow and mature just like yotes and all other animals

red dawg, you seem to be an expert on coyotes and, uhh, red dogs. How old do you reckon this red heeler is?

dogs_zpsqzkabam8.jpg

IMG_8148_zpsqjrnffim.jpg

IMG_8361_zps9mu2h4ar.jpg

IMG_8199_zpsacufpeet.jpg

You know, I'm sorry I posted anything or offended anyone, but I guess I would have to kill him and look at his teeth closer sorry if I sounded smug about estimating ages of yotes ,I just thought most hunters , especially ones raised with hounds or hunting dogs could get close to ones age by looking at his teeth I'm sorry I would never shoot or harm the dog in the photo,

Wrong-O...... The pup is 7 months, The bull is a steer and is 10. The F-350 is an '08.....grin

I think reddawg is gonna have to kill that big male. I don't think he can get close enuff to check his teeth without being bit......

Most hunters know domestic animals eat and live better than yotes, I'm just glad my Dad ( god rest His Soul) taught me some things about nature , running dogs, for those that dont know what I mean yote running dogs , and how to tell a resonable close age on wild life, some 2 year olds look like yearlings, depending on their raising, u know food source. But I know others out there reading this are not as amused as u are , but I pray that someone in ur life time will teach u, whether I kill big boy or not is my concern , so get ur laughs at my expense if if makes you feel smart then I'm glad I could help, I will keep killin an laugh at someone that can't tell the young dogs from 4 year olds

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.