No Coyote today

Clayne B

No Coyote today...
It was very windy this evening, but pretty to make up for it

IMG959707.jpg

Went out again this evening, I took my 5 year old daughter with me. I had a Coyote charge in bouncing like a deer threw the sage brush, it stopped about 10 yards from me. but all i could see were its ears. it ended up going down wind of me and it was outa there. She got to see it all, it was very cool, afterward I asked her did you see it? She said "DAD WHY DIDNT YOU SHOOOOT IT!!!" it was great!

0829121913.jpg

Went out again this evening, I took my 5 year old daughter with me. I had a Coyote charge in bouncing like a deer threw the sage brush, it stopped about 10 yards from me. but all i could see were its ears. it ended up going down wind of me and it was outa there. She got to see it all, it was very cool, afterward I asked her did you see it? She said "DAD WHY DIDNT YOU SHOOOOT IT!!!" it was great!

Priceless!!!

My daughter (17yo) and I were hunting deer last winter and a coyote passed by disappearing into the brush. She googled and downloaded a dying rabbit call to her iPhone and called it back out. He won't make that mistake again!

-- richard

Priceless follow up.........and to the first post and in general I believe even an uneventful day hunting is still a PRETTY good day.

Had to work about 50 miles from home so I made a stop to see if i could call anything in, I seen 1 coyote at about 250 yards, i seen it run between one tree and the other. But i never seen it after that. All in good fun

0831121019.jpg

Maybe it's age or maybe it's just overal maturity but I can go hunting and not take an animal. I'm pretty content taking pictures and just seeing wildlife and being at one with nature.

I like to solitude and no one atound to pester me, like my wife......:)

Could be why I farm too.

I worked at ranching and as an outfitter for almost 30 years before back injuries forced me to find another way to make a living. I really miss the solitude of the ranch.
I'm with you on the enjoyment of just being out hunting. I was out hunting marmots last weekend when I came upon this coyote. I picked up my rifle to shoot, and he just stood there looking at me, from maybe 40 yards? I wished hem well and watched him go. That felt better than shooting him would have.
Now you couldn't have told me that 30 years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts