No coyote hunting during deer season.

I always used a slider on 9 wire for beaver , a swivel works well as a slider with 15 or 20 pounds of weight on the end of the wire till I got to using 330conabears on them . I like to use their caster with some of their urine mixed with it the same as they do on a mud mound made in a little notch in the bank with guide sticks and the trap set in the water with about 2 inch's above water line and the trigger on the bottom of the trap under the water , if it's not freezing too much . They can be a lot of work but are fun . On damage control jobs in the summer a good 22 long rifle and setting hidden on the bank shooting them some times was the fastest way but that set still worked well then also . A couple shovels full of mud makes a deep enough notch to help guide them in and a double hand full of mud makes the mound smoothed out some with a small stick dipped in my lure and stuck in the middle of the mound has taken a lot of beaver for me . I use a nice gradual sloping bank for this set .

No sir picked up a yote and coon yesterday. I will try it on the yote. 2 am comes early then skin in the dark after work. 1.5 each way to work drive. Makes a person get old by end of season. I have 3 different lines set. My wife is running one line. She and my youngest son got the yote out. I asked her how many times she shot the coyote. She said 4 times it kept moving. LoL A deep dirt hole and a 4 coil #3 Northwood offset took big male yote. Trying new bait out this yr.

Attachments

• 20201123_084900.jpg
    20201123_084900.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
Denning season was always long days for me . I worked two jobs ,animal control and as a mech. welder at a power plant so I could afford to do the control work that was my passion .

I work full-time at steel mill. I work as a mechanic helper. About everyone is off this week. Last Friday was most last day to work until the 30th. Not me today is mine.. All I caught today was coons and 1 oppsum . But still have 3 traps to check. Putting new steel in the ground tomorrow. Check traps before daylight. I will set most of the day. Going to do a little longlining . Going to set a 35 mile loop into national forest. Carry my deer rifle in the truck. What I like about the forest no dogs . Not even on hogs. I got to get some bobcat sets out. Forest is idea for them.. Mostly rocky and thick brush.. More new bait coming in today. Plus another trap parts box next week. It's like Xmas getting them boxes. Bunch of 330 220 replacement springs and triggers. Snare parts bait and lure. I carry my trapping stuff in my back seat of my truck. Don't have to worry about giving someone a ride. Little hellfire, gusto. lighting in a bottle with skunk in the lure.

get any bobcats, send a photo, always like looking at them....easy to see you are no stranger to hard work, but when your in the outdoors, the work seems easier/better.........

Coyotes no bobcats. Trapping new area i fount a set of bobcat tracks this morning. Set on them can't keep oppsums out of bobcat sets. I set a coyote set used gland lure and pee. Caught a opossum on it. A very slow last few day. Last night 3 big hill coons and 2 oppsums.

They settle done when u get the catch pole on them. I don't shoot my cats. No bullet hole or blood. I been trapping federal fish hatchery. This one trail going under fence i been catching them good coons. Well I backed off into edge of woods set a 160. Caught 3 in that place. Well next morning I was running them. That trap was missing. I fount the chain look like the chain was chewed into. Wire to chain was chewed into. All the brush was chewed down. What ever it was when down the trail . It chewed my fiberglass snare support into 4 pieces. The #9 wire chewed into. It destroyed the 160. One Jaw chewed into and missing a spring . The only thing I could think of a big coyote or young bear got his foot into it.20201128_204210.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.