No birddog ,but still getting it done

CoachChris

Although I had a pretty unsuccessful big game season my grouse season has been very successful. My dog Wilson is no birddog, in fact he is a sleddog/wolf mix but he sure can flush some grouse. Retrieving is out of the picture.

Wilson with #'s 26&27 for the season
SDC10022-1.jpg

and #'s 28&29 from this afternoon
SDC10031-1.jpg

It is great to see a person from Idaho where hunter orange is not required who loves his dog and believes in hunter orange.

I once had a pure bred collie who would tree squirrels, track and flush quail. Unfortunately, the dog loved to hunt field mice more than quail. He would find four or five field mice for each covey of quail and that made for a long day of hunting. But he was just the house dog so I was lucky he even liked to hunt.

Yea I love my dogs. Don't want anything bad to happen to them. They have full capes for when big game any weapon is in full swing
Collies are talented dogs for sure. It's just great to be out with them. I got lucky with Wilson. He flushed some blues while we were biking. I just encouraged it into hunting season. Soon I have to shift his focus to snowshoe hare.

I took both dogs out today. Max (black husky) is on limited duty. He has a torn CCL. He stayed at heel and came out for a walk. We got 3 more, flushed 5.
SDC10033-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.