No bears. Next stop, Marmota flaviventris.

4ked Horn

Rock chuck, that is.

It turns out that I didn't get the draw I wanted for black bear so we are switching gears and going for a 500+ yd hit on a chuck and if everything goes well maybe a 1K.

We are in the middle of building Gonehuntingagains heavy duty shooting bench that will be our platform for most of these shots. I will be posting pictures of it when we are done.

I will thank Dave in Idaho in advance for being our host hunter for this endevor. He has a great eye for spotting critters where there seem to be none. He spotted me some deer at about 1000 yards from my moving vehicle once. Truly amazing for a short bald guy with glasses.

Spring seems to have arrived here in Idaho and I can almost hear the chucks chirping.

Good Luck to all of you this spring.

"Grip it, trip it and punch it!"

Went down to the Owyhee's last monday and shot a couple of chucks with my new 22-250AI, had to break her in right! The chucks are out, but the terrain is pretty mucky yet. Have fun on your hunt. I got an 1100 yard chuck out there last season with the 6-284.
grin.gif

Bill

Hi. I checked out your profile an I see that you are a tool maker. I was a machinist for a couple shops in north Idaho years ago.

I'm in Meridian now. Where are you at? Maybe we could get together some time and whack chucks. E mail me if you want at [email protected] . Please put something obvious in the subject line as I delete all unknown incoming mail.

E-mail has been sent. Now just need to go out and take care of the Rock Chuck revolution before it's to late.
grin.gif

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.