NM Elk @ 605 yards

338 Kahn, I came so close to building one of those before I went with the 338 Yogi instead.

Are you holding the Bergers under 2900 because of what you have heard about them, or due to your own independent testing?

Weatheby MkV actions can be a great platform for long range rifles. I have a 300 Wby I built that is the most accurate hunting / tacticle rifle I have ever been around.

Marine Sniper,

I am keeping the Bergers under 2900 because of the issue with "nose slump" described by Berger, and the problems others on this site described when running them faster. I have tested them to a little over 3000 fps in my Kahn and they seemed to shoot fine, but I only shot 4 or 5 before the reports started to come in about them not taking the higher speeds. At 2875 they shoot really well out of my Kahn.

I originally did not set out to build a fully custom rifle on the MK V action, it just kind of worked out that way. I sent a rebarreled 338/378 up to Kirby Allen because it was not shooting well............ by the time I got it back from Kirby all that was left of the origninal rifle was the action, but now it will shoot 1/4 moa.:) Those who say a Wby action won't shoot just have not had it worked on by the right smith!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.