Ninja Coyote

1tonpower

I have been doing some some baiting and have had my trail cam over looking the bait. It took a out a week for them to get into my deer remains. Dogs have been In the area the hole time. I know this from the among of fresh tracks I see. I have noticed that the bait is getting hit more when I don't have the cam set up

I have tried moving the cam to other locations. And still I have not taken a pic of what is eating my bait. Just last night I had my cam set up, about 18" from the ground, over looking a dead fox. I picked up the cam this morning and the dead fox is no where to be found and I don't have any pics on the sim card. I know the. Am works because I have pics of me on it from when I set it and pick it up. It is almost like they know the cam is there and walk where it can't be seen.

Im baffled :/

Its a moultrie m80. It takes IR black and white images at night. The IR flash does light up before the pictor is taken.. Can yotes see IR light

Yes, they can. You may want to set your cam up higher off the ground. Also, the trigger speed and recovery time is pretty slow on most Moultries.

This can be more difficult in some places more than others but I've had great success using this technique with whitetail deer and have caught several unsuspecting yotes in the process. If possible, trying mounting the camera above and aimed down at the bait. I've had GREAT success mounting cameras on limbs that extend over a trail (or you can fabricate a pole to get it up and over if trees are lacking), aiming can take a little bit of time, I use a cheap laser pointer to speed this up, but overall I think its worth it.

The IR flash coming from above seems to disturb the deer a lot less than when it is popping from the side/front/back areas. This also translates with yotes because I routinely get several images over a week of the same guys coming through.

I got this information from a magazine which believed it was because a camera flashing overhead resembles lighting and thus bothers them less. I don't know if that's the case but it sure seems to work well. Hope your picture hunting sees success.

What size SD card do you have in it if it is larger than 1gig it may be making a second folder on it and storing some of the pictures in it. read the sd card on your computer not from the camera. if you dont have a card reader to plug in to your computer you can usally get them for around 10 buks. I have two moultries a 40 and a 50 and I use a 2 gig cards in it and I swap the cards when I check them they have a second folder on them.

I delete them all wen I check. I have plenty of pics of me when I walk up to Che k the cam so I k ow its working. There are fresh tracks the next day, I know there around..

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0005-1.jpg

it has been a while since i had a chance to get a bait pile out. i had the cam mounted high on a tree looking down. this one appears to have spec ops training..deploying a flash bang before rushing into my bait...

on a serious note..i think i need to get a better cam

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.