Nine point dropped with a 444.

Ohlongarm

Borrowed a friends, doctor never shot it, hunted on his 20 acres, never again way overkill for deer, my state allows it. I prefer to take my deer with arrows.
75 yards dropped instantly , BUT look at the exit hole , ridiculous way too much for deer. Entrance right side, exit left side. Hornady 265 grain jacketed flat nose @ 2400 fps, and 3389 ft lbs. My fist could fit in the exit hole, and I'm told I have large fists and hands.

Attachments

• 9pt.jpg
    9pt.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 9pt1.jpg
    9pt1.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 498
There's no doubt. The triple 4 is a handful. It will deliver if you have to take the texas heart shot. I use one myself and use it to cover in close (150 yards ). Some say it will take out old griz if you hunt in their territory.
Wild hogs get tamed to it well. The triple 4 is the rifle that will get er done.
I own several other rifles with a lot more reach. But the marlin builds confidence. Everything that it touches just dies.

There's no doubt. The triple 4 is a handful. It will deliver if you have to take the texas heart shot. I use one myself and use it to cover in close (150 yards ). Some say it will take out old griz if you hunt in their territory.
Wild hogs get tamed to it well. The triple 4 is the rifle that will get er done.
I own several other rifles with a lot more reach. But the marlin builds confidence. Everything that it touches just dies.
To be honest never shot one, the doc had his sighted in dead on at 100 but , for whitetails no way. I'm surprised the state would allow such a cannon .

Borrowed a friends, doctor never shot it, hunted on his 20 acres, never again way overkill for deer, my state allows it. I prefer to take my deer with arrows.
75 yards dropped instantly , BUT look at the exit hole , ridiculous way too much for deer. Entrance right side, exit left side. Hornady 265 grain jacketed flat nose @ 2400 fps, and 3389 ft lbs. My fist could fit in the exit hole, and I'm told I have large fists and hands.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You DA MAN!!!!!
Especially with a triple 4!!! MARLIN
Great cartridge for sure and a 265 gr bulllet.
Good Job
If you do a mount (regular or Euro) let us see!
Thanks
Len & Jill

My unit here in southeast PA just got straight wall approved. I was looking at CVA scout v2 in 444 but really want a bolt so I'm thinking 450 bushmaster. If you look at the 44 cal bullets offered by cutting edge, their maximus in 250, 275, and 300 gr,.it would take the 444 to a level other straight walls can't get to ballistically. BC's for those bullets are .310 g1 up to around .400 g1 estimated. I may still have to get one just to play with it. Maybe if I can find brass...

Can't believe that some States/Counties restrict cartridges to hunt Deer like ML, Shotguns, Straight wall cartridges.
Where is there any scientific data (which the liberals go for) showing the reason for these restrictions?
That is why we don't live in those States.
It all comes down to the people that live in a State and the representees that make the laws!

Most of PA is center-fire. I'm in the Southeast special regs unit which is the suburbs, but there are still plenty of farms and pockets of timber to hunt. We were limited to shotgun and muzzleloader in the past. It is pretty dumb that the law allows me to use a smokeless muzzleloader and now potentially a 458 win mag (as far as I know) but not a 25-06 or 270. Some things make no sense.

The 265 is the worst bullet for it way to fragile. That bullet was designed for Pistol velocities not 444's.
Load a good hard cast bullet and you can eat right up to the hole. I took a nice Elk thru both front shoulder passed clean thru with little to no meat loss. It bounced going straight down so fast. LOL
Want to learn more about the gun go to Beartooth bullets website and Marlinowners website.
Is it ballard rifled or Micro groove?

Rather use 45-70 , a friend shot a doe in sholder , did not enter chest at all had to finish shot to head.
Like stated before the 265 grain Remingtons rounds were not designed for 444 velocities they are Crap.
The caliber is phenomenal for Mice to TREX just use the right bullet. The 265 is kinda like a Varmint bullet on a buffalo. LOL