nikon, zeiss, burris, or leupold for my light weight rig

mmiedema

Maybe this question is getting beat to hell but can anyone tell me if one scope has any advantage over another? I have to get something for my sako 300 wsm and I am looking in the 3 to 10 power range. The hunting trip that I am going on in September is a trip of a lifetime for me and I want a scope that will NOT let me down. I want precise clicks, good low light and durable. Also wondering if a ballistic plex or boone and crockett reticle would be nice. My price range doesn't allow for a swaro, schmidt& bender or any of those ridiculously priced scopes. Please help with some input --- thank you

They can say what what they about burris but for the money u will no way beat the ballistic plex . If you take time to practice with it marlow

I have owned or own all those mentioned above. You simply cannot go wrong with a Leupold - especially in a lightweight rig. The differences between all the comparable models in the different brands are in ounces, but the Leupold is the lightweight performer with a history of repeatability and reliability.

I like the optics of the Zeiss, value of the Burris, Light transmission on the Nikon for the price and the reliability of the Leupold. I know when I am guiding I prefer to see the gold ring.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.