Nikon Scopes

keeter

I had a salesman at BassPro today really trying to sell me on a Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16.5x44. It looked like a really good scope for the price. I really liked the way the turrets are designed, they felt very good. He said the optics are superiour to many scopes that are priced much higher. Does anyone here have an opinion on Nikon scopes?

Great scope for the money!!Depending on what your gona do with it.For some reason the one I got doesnt have enough eye relieve to go on a my 7 mag but works super on the AR.Great lowlight scope,I can almost see in the dark with it and on snow its realy shines.It has held zero well(truck gun) and the clicks are very repeatable.
11.jpg

Keeter,

I also highly recommend them. The Nikons are one of the brighter and clearer scopes available. When you look at the quality for the price, they are a great buy.

Jon: Just realized your only 60-70 miles away!!! I live in Alden, near South end of Torch Lake. Always interesting to find guys on the site in your region. Coltchris

No, I don't live on the lake! Have lake view though from ny log home! I was raised here (many yrs. ago) and wish I'd had the sense to buy some lake property then for $25/ft. Now goes for over $5000/ft.!!! Hunting not very good this year, only seen a spike and passed. Had a deer from WY, so didn't need the meat. Still have a few days of Muzzleloading if I get out.

They are very good optics.

I switched to Nikon after having several problems w/ Leupies. I've been very satisfied w/ the Nikons, they are brighter, clearer, and more durable than alot of other scopes that cost far more.

Jon has about the best prices on them and he's a very dependable source as well.

Good Luck!

Reloader

I purchased a 6x24x50 monarch, sun shade, end caps,high turets, target turets included, 4 in of eye relief. optics fantastic, still need to sight in.paid 589.00 plan on using it on coyote, prairie dogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.