Nikon Scopes

Centre Punch

We have recently learnt that Nikon riflescopes are being imported into the UK. This is the first time these scopes have been available in this country. I would be very gratefull for any info from any users of these scopes especially the 6.5-20x44,or anyone who has had experiance of them,pertaining as to thier quality,optics,etc.

Much obliged. Good hunting.

I'm mounting that Nikon 6x-20x in 44MM's tomorrow on my 223.... I am because it is a very, very clear, crisp scope.

Jon Jack: Thanks for those two words of inspiration. I shall be checking them out later,and looking foward to what else is on your web site.

Yogi: I am interested on to what rifle you are about attach your Nikon 6.5-20x44 scope to, what rings and bases you are using and also your intended use for this combo,thanks.

Good Hunting.

I'm planning on using Leupold mounts and rings. I used Leupold's to mount my Bushnell 4200 8-32x 40MM on my 243, and I used Leupold's to mount my Leupold VariX-II on my 300WinMag.

The gun is the same model in all THREE cases:

Remington 700 BDL

I just really like the styling of this rifle, the stock especially and am pleased with the accuracy.... so far....... I have not fired the 223 Remington, yet. I just got it yesterday.

Oh yea, you asked intended uses:

Primarily punching holes in paper at 200, 300, 500, PLUS yards. And for varmints....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Centre Punch,
Two Words.

Awesome Scopes!!!

--------------------

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>DITTO!!!!!

CP,
I have a Nikon Monarch UCC 6.5-20x44AO mounted to a 700VS in .22-250Rem. with Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings. This is a very solid scope with precise adjustments and great optical clarity. Tracking during the "box test" (i.e. 16 clicks right, shoot, 16 clicks up, shoot, etc.) resulted in four sub .5" groups @ 100yds.
The scope comes with "normal" windage and elevation turrets and covers, but also has target turrets which are easily installed by loosening one allen head screw. These can be seen and adjusted with little effort from the shooting position. Johnny K.

I can't really elaborate on Jon's statement.
wink.gif
He and I both are big fans of Nikon's.

Incredible scopes.

I have only held a Nikon Tactical, but I was impressed by that as well. Very good reviews by optic gurus too.

I must get one!!!!!
grin.gif
...sakofan...

Well, I took my Remington 223 with Leupold base and NIKON Monarch 6-20X 44MM out to the range.... holy moly what a great scope and boy did I shoot decently...I would recommend this Nikon Monarch to anybody who wants a really great scope with superb clarity and fast set and focus time... Now for you guys who don't care about clarity and just want a poopeee scope, why then, get something else because the Nikon is NOT a poopeee scope.

Nikon Monarch --- Excellent Scope

[ 11-23-2004: Message edited by: Yogi ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.