Nikon rifle scopes

Wachsmann

I've been looking at a couple of different Nikon rifle scopes. I personally have never owned one but I would like to know which one actually hold there elevation tracking precisely. below is a few I am looking at.

Nikon Monarch 5-20x44mm Rifle Scope

Nikon 6-18x40 Buckmasters Scope ...this one I have had plenty of positive feed back. Only negative is its 1/8moa adjustment and they are discontinued. Hard to come by.

Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50

Nikon M-223 Riflescope 4-16x42

or if there are any other Nikons any one has had that tracked perfect, info would be apprecieated . Just looking at some of these because they are about what I wanting to spend right now for price range. It going on a 308 that I will be handloading for and punching holes in paper for almost all of its life. ....one more thing.....Merry Christmas

I own 2 6-18x40 Buckmasters, no issues, I like the 1/8 adjustment, more precise for zeroing. Natchezz may still have a few at a decent price.

I have two older 5.5-16.5 UCC Monarchs and a 5-20 Monarch you have mentioned. All track well. For punching paper, especially at longer distance, I like the 5-20 better. Having a little more magnification helps with accuracy. You could bump up to the 6-24 as well.

I like that Buckmaster on my target shooting rifles because of the fine tuning you can get with the 1/8 MOA. For hunting I like to be able to get down to 3 or 4 X minimum magnification for those close in shots. The 6-18 has been around a long time and has certainly survived the test of time but now Nikon has decided to make a change. I have used this scope and recently had it on a air rifle that was dead on accurate.

Putting any one of the scope's you suggested on a .308 would work just fine.
I have used the MONARCH 3 4-16 BDC on a .308 and it made easy work plinking steal at 500 yards. one suggestion you probably haven't thought of and is a great deal right now is Nikon's M-223 3-12 BDC 600 scope. It is current;y under a PROMO for $160 off. You can dial in your .308 ammo using Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. Very easy to use and accurate. I'm sure one of LRH sponsor's is a Nikon dealer that can hook you up with this PROMO. If not, drop me a note and I'll get you the info.

I do freelance PR work for Nikon so hopefully I can answer any question's you might have.

MONARCH34-16.jpg

big fan of the monarchs. I think there a great bang for the buck. Not so much the buckmasters though. Ive owned maybe a half a dozen of them through the years and found there low light performance lacking compared to some others in there price range. Opticaly there closer to the old prostaffs then the monarchs.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.