nikon or busnell or simmons rangefinder----which one???????

my nikon 1200's should be here mon or tues, had a set of n800's pleased with them, to a point if these will range to 1000yds i'll be happy, let yall know how they do, 348$ off ebay sure beats cabelas price

Buy a Swaro and cry only once. I bought two from Bill Bailey and he gave me a good deal. Give him a call.

got my nikons in the other day, had a little time to play with them, in my general opinion being no expert on rangefinders,"THE NIKON 1200 IS A VERY SOLID RANGEFINDER @ 1000K." dont know how it does on whitetail @ that range none were out, this statement is based on trees, ranged a few trees @ 1150 to 1175 was the longest reading, im not saying it wil do it every time but resting on top of a fencepost i could work with it a bit to range @ 1150. dont have any elk in my area, have to use cows i have ranged a white cow @ 1129, wont do a black one much past 850 to 900 to sum it up 1000yd trees or barns you can get a reading 8 out of ten times, and for the 348$ you can buy them for on ebay, "you will be happy with them"

I have the Swarovski and NOTHING will touch it! Ask any of the PA LR boys. I have ranged out to 1980 yds with mine. The optics are great! Buy the best once instead of going inexpensive twice. Got mine for $750. It's just like 4-wheel drive. Sure is nice to have it when you need it!
Wolfdawg

Re: nikon or busnell or simmons rangefinder???what about lupy?

I had a Bushnell Elite 1500. Longest object I was able to range with it was a metal tower 992 yds away. I could get nothing to range farther than that...maybe I didn't have good enough targets..

Anyhow, I am looking at hte new Leupold rangefinders...anyone know about them either? Sorry to hijack the thread...

My older brother just bought a Nikon 440 to use here in E TX where 200 yards is a long poke for most. He intends to use it mainly for bow and pistol hunting; however, we will be able to range all of our stand locations accurately now. He has already ranged stuff out to 494 yards. He is very pleased with it, but I have not had a chance to play with it myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.