Nikon Monarch - Bino Great Buy

Mysticplayer

Just got back from a mulie hunt where I got to test my new Nikon Monarch 8X42 binos. I am very impressed. The quality and resolution was very good. The low light performance was excellent. There is some edge distortion and the image is not flat when you pan but when looking at an area, the image is fantastic.

For those looking for a mid price roof prism binos, this is a must look. I also tested the pentax DCF HRII but these were bigger and heavier (similar optical performance and a little cheaper) so I stuck with the Nikons.

I have never looked through the mega buck glass so can't compare. However, with the nikons I was able to clearly define details on a Ford Explorer driving by over 1.5KM away.

For low light, I was able to make out my deer in light too low to see with the unaided eye. I figure it gave me an additional 10 to 15 min of light. Good stuff.

Jerry

I do own Nikon Monarch 10x42 and I love 'em, but I checked the new Pentaxes just released and I was really impresed with brightnes and overall quality.
rolleyes.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.