Nikon Monarch 42mm or 50mm

rryun

Lookin to get a Monarch 4-16 but dont know objective size i would need. Plans of going on a 7mag for a elk gun. My question i guess is it really worth the larger size in this application

I shoot a 40mm Buckmasters on my rifle and really like it. I've had 50mm lenses on other guns and for me at least it didn't make that much of a difference. I like that you can have a 40 or 42mm on a lower mount closer to the bore

Lookin to get a Monarch 4-16 but dont know objective size i would need. Plans of going on a 7mag for a elk gun. My question i guess is it really worth the larger size in this application
i have been shooting a Monarch 5-20x42 like it a lot just not enough internal adj

i feel like a 30mm tube makes a bigger impact

I have a 4-16x50mm Monarch with BDC reticle for sale right now. Was mounted on an AR-15 for about a month. The scope is perfect. You can barely tell it has been mounted (lapped rings). I decided I wanted more power. You can have it for $350 shipped to you.

Shoot me a PM if interested

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.