Nikon Monarch 3 8-32x50 ED

charver

a friend of mine is willing to selll me this scope and i was wondering is it any good to go on a 338 win mag,this is to be used for shooting red deer here in scotland at about 400m-600m.Any thoughts or info will be greatfull

a friend of mine is willing to selll me this scope and i was wondering is it any good to go on a 338 win mag,this is to be used for shooting red deer here in scotland at about 400m-600m.Any thoughts or info will be greatfull

I think you can defintely use the Monarch 8-32x50 Finecross hair to hunt Stag. Is it the best choice, probably not, but sometimes we get a great deal on and item and make the most of it. I think for the distances you are talking about, you might like Nikon's BDC Reticle. This will allow you to use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program and fine tune your reticle to your cal. and ammo. Will help make those long range shots more accurate.
Don't get me wrong, the glass on that 8-32x50 is outstanding. I have not had one on a rifle yet bt I have looked thru one and I was impressed.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.