Nikon Mon or VXII

Nomosendero

I have a 6X18 Leupold with the long range reticle. My brother had a scope failure just before our trip to WY., so I took my 6X18 off my 308 & installed it on his 25-06 . Well, now with hunting season over he would like to buy it. I know that I can buy a 4x16 Monarch at a very special price & have several dollars left. To those who have the Monarch or possibly both of these, how do they compare.

Monarch is hands down much better glass than any VX-II I have seen, I think they compare to the VX-III and are even better in some cases.

I had a long range target range on my farm for years and a little shop so I got to compare a lot of stuff. In a head to head between the Nikon Monarch and the leupold vari x 3 the Monarch came out ahead in every category except weight. The Monarch is light years beyond a vari x 2. No comparison there. Get the Monarch. The monarch is brilliant glass for that price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.