Nikon M308 scope

I hope the local Field & Stream has them still.I have $100 coupons which bring the price down to the $199.I figure I cannot go wrong at that price.

Well they had 2 of the Prostaff 5 scopes. Bought that and some hornady 223 ammo on another coupon.Paid $14 for a 50 box.

Nikon's M and P-Series of optic's are built on the MONARCH and PROSTAFF platform's. I have used the M-223 and M-308 as well as the P-223 on numerous firearms with no complaints. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon and put ten's of thousands of rounds down range each year while testing and photographing scopes so that I can pass along correct information to Nikon customer's. Nikon's BDC 800 reticle will let you use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle,scope and ammo to get the greratest possible down range accuracy. I have used M-223 scopes to hit 4 inch jars of Tannerite at 600 yards and watched guy's new to BDC reticle scopes do it as well. Drop me a note if you have any question's. He's a pic of my 80 year old father in law getting ready for deer season. I used the AR which he said he didn't like, the huge smile on his face while banging steel at 200 yards said otherwise.

dave2rifles.png
Hi Bman940
I'm looking at a Nikon M-308 4-16 x 42 with BDC Reticle
This scope comes with a 20MOA mounting system.
As I'm shooting 30-06 from a bolt Ruger American, does the SpotOn chart for this scope rely on using the 20MOA mount?
As I'm only hunting out to 500-600 meters, if I enter all the info into Spot-on will the chart be accurate with the scope mounted at 0 MOA?

I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 x 42 with BDC so I am used to this reticle system

Rod

Hi Bman940
I'm looking at a Nikon M-308 4-16 x 42 with BDC Reticle
This scope comes with a 20MOA mounting system.
As I'm shooting 30-06 from a bolt Ruger American, does the SpotOn chart for this scope rely on using the 20MOA mount?
As I'm only hunting out to 500-600 meters, if I enter all the info into Spot-on will the chart be accurate with the scope mounted at 0 MOA?

I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 x 42 with BDC so I am used to this reticle system

Rod
The 20 moa mount is irrelevant - the spot on software and reticle will work fine with or without the 20 moa mount. All the 20 moa mount does is give you an additional 20 moa from your zero when you are dialing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts