Nikon M308 scope

milkie62

I hope the local Field & Stream has them still.I have $100 coupons which bring the price down to the $199.I figure I cannot go wrong at that price.

milkie62

Well they had 2 of the Prostaff 5 scopes. Bought that and some hornady 223 ammo on another coupon.Paid $14 for a 50 box.

ONBOARD

Nikon's M and P-Series of optic's are built on the MONARCH and PROSTAFF platform's. I have used the M-223 and M-308 as well as the P-223 on numerous firearms with no complaints. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon and put ten's of thousands of rounds down range each year while testing and photographing scopes so that I can pass along correct information to Nikon customer's. Nikon's BDC 800 reticle will let you use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle,scope and ammo to get the greratest possible down range accuracy. I have used M-223 scopes to hit 4 inch jars of Tannerite at 600 yards and watched guy's new to BDC reticle scopes do it as well. Drop me a note if you have any question's. He's a pic of my 80 year old father in law getting ready for deer season. I used the AR which he said he didn't like, the huge smile on his face while banging steel at 200 yards said otherwise.

Hi Bman940
I'm looking at a Nikon M-308 4-16 x 42 with BDC Reticle
This scope comes with a 20MOA mounting system.
As I'm shooting 30-06 from a bolt Ruger American, does the SpotOn chart for this scope rely on using the 20MOA mount?
As I'm only hunting out to 500-600 meters, if I enter all the info into Spot-on will the chart be accurate with the scope mounted at 0 MOA?

I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 x 42 with BDC so I am used to this reticle system

Rod

PredatorSlayer

Hi Bman940
I'm looking at a Nikon M-308 4-16 x 42 with BDC Reticle
This scope comes with a 20MOA mounting system.
As I'm shooting 30-06 from a bolt Ruger American, does the SpotOn chart for this scope rely on using the 20MOA mount?
As I'm only hunting out to 500-600 meters, if I enter all the info into Spot-on will the chart be accurate with the scope mounted at 0 MOA?

I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 x 42 with BDC so I am used to this reticle system

Rod
The 20 moa mount is irrelevant - the spot on software and reticle will work fine with or without the 20 moa mount. All the 20 moa mount does is give you an additional 20 moa from your zero when you are dialing.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce