Nikon 6.5-20x44mm Monarch UCC

scsims

I found one of these for $299 new with the Fine reticle. Should I pick this up?

Does anyone have one they can attest to?

Scott,
I have one I've had for awhile (almost 10 yrs) and have never had any problems out of it. It tracks well and keeps it zero. I have had it on a .22-250, .223 and now a .270WSM.
Not sure how much come-up or MOA it has built in but then I haven't used it to shoot over 500yds.
Is the scope you're looking at used or new? Does it come with two different windage/elevation turrents? One set looks like it is made for target shooting, the turrent is V shaped and doesn't use screw-on caps. The other set has screw-on caps.
It is definately a good scope. Not sure it's worth that much money now. I say that because I'm not sure they make this scope model anymore. Does it come with a factory warranty? JohnnyK.

I've got two of them, great scopes for the money. Glass is great and they track well but the lack of adjusment is a downfall(38MOA I believe). If it is brand new with all the extras and paperwork I would pay $299 for it. I think I paid $300+shipping for the last one I bought NIB. They are discontinued and I wouldn't pay much more for one as you can buy the new 5-20 model for ~$400.

They discontinued them when the new model Monarchs came out last year. Make sure that one you are looking at is new and not a refurb, Nikon's warranty is only 90 days on a refurb as opposed to lifetime on a new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts