NIKON 6-18 BDC, 7STW Sako

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 7stw, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

Hi guys, just picked up a new 6-18 Buckmasters with BDC. I was skeptical when I ordered it,but when I installed it, I liked the circles and the spacing. I was worried that it was going to be to cluttered, and confusing, but it is not at all. The glass is amazingly clear. But what really amazed me was the accuracy of the parallax, versus the dial and actual distance. They seemed to be dead on. I have a problem with parallax. My eyes really throw me for a fit at times, and it is nice to be able to accurately dial it it out. I mounted it on a newly acquired Sako model 75 Stainless Synthetic in 7STW, ( go figure) . It is mounted in Leupold silver high rings. The Sako rings are nice, but not THAT nice. Anybody have this or similar, with any comments? Thanks, 7STW. lightbulbgun)

2. Sako7STW

Sako7STW Well-Known Member

I have a Sako and Sako rings and they are rock solid. I replaced all the allens screws though with Stainless ones and that seams to be better for some reason.

3. jehu

jehu Well-Known Member

OH the humanity! A Sako deserves an Alpha glass scope! The Sako Optilock rings and bases are rock solid but the older dove tail type rings were no where near as good. IMO!