Nightforce Reticle Question...

meta

I'm certain I am going to be purchasing the Nightforce Benchrest 12-42x scope. The problem I am having is choosing the reticle. I would like to get the NPR2 ranging reticle, but I am concerned with the thickness of the `wires' compared to some of the other reticles. If they are true to scale in comparisons, it seems like they would obscure a lot of the target....particularly a small target like a prairie dog or woodchuck. I do some medium and long range target, and some varmint, so I'm looking for a reticle that will do both really well. Compared to the NP1-RR the NPR2 reticle looks at least twice as thick. Anyone have any experience with these to know how they `really' look? I'm looking for real world pros and cons of each reticle.

I have used the NP-1RR extensivly and the R2 a little. I like the R2 over the 1RR. I dont think the R2 is all that thick. My mk4 is about .2 MOA or .25 MOA thick. I dont recall the R2 to be that thick. I can see a 3" spot at 1k with my mk4 with that huge reticle. I think you would like the R2. At 1k with my 1RR I can quater at 3" spot on 22x and still see the 1/2" square behind the cross hair in the very center of the spot.

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

meta,
I have used my NP-R2 retical in 1000yard BR compition, and I have an 1100yard rock chuck kill useing the NP-R2 in the 8-32 NXS. I really like it, and feel very confident in useing this retical. I now have three NXS scopes with the NP-R2 retical. This retical doe's work in the real world.

Bill
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.