Nightforce Rails are Cheap on Midway

Nightforce is a higher quality base than a egw. Night force is a steel base, that is a heck of a deal on those nightforce bases!

Thank You!! slickyboyboo, I just grabbed two. That is a smokin deal. I got a 10 moa and a 15 moa. for Long action 700's. The rails on sale are 8 x 40 screws but that is no biggy, I can make that mod with ease and it will be a better set up after.

As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league.

Jeff

Last edited:
"As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league."

What do all you people think a rail is for? I thought it was to mount a scope on...not use as a wrecking bar in house demolition.

Dont be carried away with the "NightForce fad" that seems to be sweeping so many people...there ARE other products just as good if not better. And BTW...EGW makes BOTH an AL rail and a Chrome Moly rail...you take your choice Egw also has a better selection of MOA choices...thus I picked the 15 MOA instead of 20 or even 30 MOA

Thank You!! slickyboyboo, I just grabbed two. That is a smokin deal. I got a 10 moa and a 15 moa. for Long action 700's. The rails on sale are 8 x 40 screws but that is no biggy, I cn make that mos with ease and it will be a better set up after.

Jeff

Buy rails that require 8 x 40 screws for a reciever that uses something else...slick move!.......:rolleyes:

Buy rails that require 8 x 40 screws for a reciever that uses something else...slick move!.......:rolleyes:

Yes, it is. Sometimes it is a good move as on older actions the threads get weak. So it is a good idea to retap them to the #8 screws. Also many smiths prefer to go one size larger for a few reasons. But I won't explain as you simply are sold that cheaper is best. I have had both EGW and NF rails. I know what I want. Bring your **** and lets do some shooting sometime. How about we start at a mile?

You tried to crash this thread when someone was simply doing the kind act of pointing out a deal to others.

Wow, what is becoming of this site?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank You!! slickyboyboo, I just grabbed two. That is a smokin deal. I got a 10 moa and a 15 moa. for Long action 700's. The rails on sale are 8 x 40 screws but that is no biggy, I can make that mod with ease and it will be a better set up after.

Jeff
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda silly to have the #6 screws on a hard recoiling magnum with a big heavy scope anyhow. Sooner or later that's likely to lead to disaster.

Yes, it is. Sometimes it is a good move as on older actions the threads get weak. So it is a good idea to retap them to the #8 screws. Also many smiths prefer to go one size larger for a few reasons. But I won't explain as you simply are sold that cheaper is best. I have had both EGW and NF rails. I know what I want. Bring your **** and lets do some shooting sometime. How about we start at a mile?

You tried to crash this thread when someone was simply doing the kind act of pointing out a deal to others.

Wow, what is becoming of this site?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your incorrect in most of the things you have implied.

Broz, its not the site its SULLY2 that is the problem, look at his past posts he thinks he knows everything but in actuality knows very little judging by his posts.

Sully2 as stated above the intregal recoil lug is a huge benefit, and if you knew much you would know that a lot of guys out there dont even mess with the factory #6 holes they go straight up to the #8 bigger is better, I would think EVEN YOU could wrap your mind around the fact that anything you can do to make your scope mounting platform more solid IS a good thing. which means the NF or Badger or TPS base with an intrigal recoil lug and bigger screw are extra insurance. for $50 ill upsize all my base screws. If you dont want to take Broz up on his offer you could come shoot against my sister and my 338 instead if you feel that would better your chances...

Your incorrect in most of the things you have implied.

OK Fine, so will you take my challenge and join me in some friendly long range shooting? Just to see if your cheap base will out shoot my over priced base with too large of screws holding it on?

Or was your intent and sole purpose simply to troll and be an uninformed expert on rail bases at Walmart prices?

I hope we can meet up, but I am not sure where you are located since you didn't fill out your profile. But you know where I am friend, so like I said bring your best stick with an EGW base and lets burn some long range powder.

Jeff :D gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Your range finder probably will not reach the first target. But being the nice guy I am, I will let you borrow my over priced one.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts