Nightforce question

mtp29464

I have a nightforce 5.5x 22 x 56 NXS with a NP-1 reticle I aquired recently and mounted it on a 300 wsm I have. With the elevation turned all the way down, the scope is still 12" high at 100 yds. I'm guessing the rifle is sighted in dead on at about 400 with all the elevation adjustment left. Is this common for nightforce scopes?

This is my first nightforce and I did not get any manuals with it, so I don't know if I can adjust it. Can
some one please give em some advise.

Many thanks.

I have a nightforce 5.5x 22 x 56 NXS with a NP-1 reticle I aquired recently and mounted it on a 300 wsm I have. With the elevation turned all the way down, the scope is still 12" high at 100 yds. I'm guessing the rifle is sighted in dead on at about 400 with all the elevation adjustment left. Is this common for nightforce scopes?

This is my first nightforce and I did not get any manuals with it, so I don't know if I can adjust it. Can
some one please give em some advise.

Many thanks.

I have two NXS scopes. One currently has a .020 base the other standard. One a 338 , the other a 260. Both were able to be zeroed to 100 yards. One was mounted on other rifles, 223, 308, with standard Mark 4 bases and were able to be zeroed with at least a couple of revolutions left. I think you should check your base heights.

if it has zero stop you need to make sure the clutch assembly is backed all the way to the top of the turret.

you have 100moa worth of adjustment in that scope so even with a 0moa base you have plenty of adjustment.

You must have......
More than 40moa base, or more than 40 moa rings(dunno if that exists), or a tall ring in back and a short one in front(believe it or not i have seen it....poor scope)....or lastly, a bad scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts