Nightforce or Manfrotto Be free

scottishkat

What do you guys think of these 2 tripods any experience please? Not planning on using to shoot from just for Zeiss spotter.

Shoot straight

Bob

Last edited:
i like the manfrotto with the hog saddle. It's a tripod, it works. I've used it in a professional environment. Used it for general shooting. Works for me. Kind of expensive.
Not sure on the nightforce. I'm pretty confident the Hog saddle might still be compatible

I ended up cashing in some midway giftcards and picking up the Nightforce. So far I've been impressed with it. Everything seems to work as its suppose to and is tall enough for me to stand behind.

Overall I like it. I don't plan on shooting from it though so I won't be able to help there.

yeah sorry OP. I see that you didnt even ask about shooting from it. So disregard the hog saddle if it doesnt matter to you. If it is just for a spotter or other optics there are things cheaper that can work as good i would assume.

I have the Monfrotto. the main use is for my spotting scope but i have a shooting rest that snaps in place. This way I am not packing shooting sticks also.

I have a very nice US Optics spotting scope and a Monfrotto tripod to go with it. I'm not happy with the plastic spotting scope adapter. Any suggestions for something better and stronger?

Yes I am. The spotting scope itself has a very strong base for mounting to a tripod. But my tripod mount is really a bit light duty for the US Optic scope.

I bought my Monfrotto at the SCI Convention on closeout a few years ago. Who is a good retailer that I can get a proper head/base from?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.