Nightforce NXS or Benchrest

GJW

Waiting for 36" Krieger Barrel for a 338/416 35 Degree Improved, and its built on a BAT action, Tooley MBR Action, Jewel Trigger, 40MOA Base and Rings! Most of the shooting will be 1000 yard and 1000yd + Varmint shooting, im thinking a Nightforce 8-32x56mm BR w/NPR1 Reticle, I feel the 8-32x56mm NXS with its 1/4moa adjustments is just too much with the length that I shoot even though a lot will be hold over corrections, please give me your thoughts and ideas on this!!

Greg

The NXS is twice the scope that tbe BR model is. THey would both work fine but the NXS is in a totally different class of scope.

I would not be to worried about the 1/4 moa per click being to coarse of an adjustment in the NXS. Each click will be around 2.5" at 1000 yards so close to that. If you can hold well enough to tell the different between one 1/8 moa click and one 1/4 moa click at that range, your alot better shot then most of us, especially if you can tell the difference at 1000 yards and beyond.

In most cases you will have enough error in wind estimate that it will blow you off more then this amount.

Just my opinion, both will work, the NXS is the best scope though.

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
Right on Kirby…

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.

I know a guy that sells those things as well. Infact, I think he'll have an 8-32x56mm NXS NPR1 instock in about 2 weeks. Let me know when your ready to buy.

Hmmm I am just the opposite -- for my 1k rifles the BR is preferred -- sold my NXS. I just wish S&B made a 42 power variable!!

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish S&B made a 42 power variable!!

[/ QUOTE ]They do a 10-50mag BUT it only focusses to UPTO 70m. There's always the USO-SN2!!

Yeah---I own a few USO's and the SN2 quote was a little under 6 grand. It might work on a heavy gun but not on a 17lb or under rifle. I will be discussing the need for a BR scope with John at the SHOT Show on Thursday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The last I heard, you cannot get the NPR1 in the benchrest models.

I prefer the BRs for paper punching, but the NXS is a stronger scope by double digit percentages. For me at least the NXS seems to track better, which for long range shooting is a plus.

[ QUOTE ]
I will be discussing the need for a BR scope with John at the SHOT Show on Thursday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]You can quickly go off folk, cant you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif - Lucky you.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.