Nightforce NX8 eye relief

I have the NF NX8 4-32x50 on a 300prc and I have no issues with eye box. The glass is clear, turrets are repeatable and just under tactical feel. I believe it is a very solid optic. I use the higher power to spot targets and look at deer from a distance to identify. I also have a Vortex Razor lht 3-15 and it is a very clear picture but the turrets leaves something to be desired and it's so light that I believe durability wouldn't stand up to the NX8. But I do really like the optic it's on my Savage ultralite 6.5cm. I'm intrigued by the Arken epl4. I'm considering trying one for the money, I have the sh4 gen 2 4-16x50 on my Ruger Precision rimfire 22lr and it tracks very consistent back and forth from 50-300 yards and the glass is pretty decent I can see 22lr bullet trace. Just my 2 cents. Also don't forget Trijicon tenmile or the Bushnell elite DMR3!
I received the Arken EPL4 4-16x, it took two months to get it. The Arken turrets are really good and sound for such a cheap scope, but the glass is okay even though it is Japanese.

I used to mount scopes on the blocks which were very prescriptively located by the holes drilled and tapped on the action bridge. I've gone to applying Picatinny rails on many of my rifles as they allow for much more flexibility ... both in accommodating the long and short scopes, scopes with the turrets at different locations and eye relief. With the rails, you can mount just about any scope with lots of room to move the eyepiece in or out for relief as well as the "box" of clarity. They make Pic rails for almost all rifles.

NX8 works fine for me. Just mount it where it needs to be and have a consistent cheek weld. I have one on an unbraked 7 RUM and have no problems shooting it.
I concur with Blackdirt. I have 3 4-32 NX8's, one on my competition rifle and 2 on hunting rigs. Zero issues for me with eye relief or eye box, granted all my rigs have adj. cheek pieces and lop, and I took extra time to fit them to me perfectly.

Yes the rifle is a light mtn gun.Thus I don't want or really need a high magnification scope.This is the mark 4 on it now next to my March A 20 x of some type ample and I like mils

Attachments

• IMG_3694 2.jpeg
    IMG_3694 2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
I concur with Blackdirt. I have 3 4-32 NX8's, one on my competition rifle and 2 on hunting rigs. Zero issues for me with eye relief or eye box, granted all my rigs have adj. cheek pieces and lop, and I took extra time to fit them to me perfectly.
I have to agree. I've got the SFP 2.5-20 NX8 on a .300WM using a pic rail. I took my time trying various positions on the rail and within the rings and found the sweet spot. Very happy with it.

My FFP 2.5-20 rides on my 6.5x47. Mounted it, sighted in with 3 shots, dialed up 16.75 moa per my drops, held 2 moa and shot 3 at 700. They do seem to track well lol.

Small rifle with 20 inch bbl and pic rail. The 2.5-20 is about perfect.

Attachments

• C3030237-F541-4571-A32A-4F379F50409B.jpeg
    C3030237-F541-4571-A32A-4F379F50409B.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 76
  • F04B989B-78A2-43BD-9FAD-D50B93B42CC7.jpeg
    F04B989B-78A2-43BD-9FAD-D50B93B42CC7.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 78
If wanting FFP, Mil, and a [better] reticle that is also illuminated then this is not a competing product. Though I'll give it to you, the difference in magnification range, talking 2.5-20, is insignificant. If comparing to the 4-32 then, again, the Zeiss is not a competing product. I didn't bother comparing size and weight. Those may matter to some, but not to me. Getting into the weeds there may be more pros for the NX8. For example, I don't know if the Conquest as a zero stop. I know the NX8 does. Overall, otherwise, I may agree it's a solid option.
Agreed the Zeiss Conquest is SPF and MOA and no illumination. I have 3 Zeiss and 1 NF 4-32 SPF plus many others, the Zeiss has a great zero stop as does the NF. I'm still trying to figure out why people want illumination, I've tried it when needed (low light) with NF, Leupold and Schmidt and Bender and all it does is make it so you cant see anything. For me scope weight is a factor. I'm just thankful to live in a time when we have so many choices, all though with so many choices it just makes me keep spending money looking for the next best gadget.

I've beaten one up for 3 seasons so far. Another has 100 rounds of 340 Wby through it. That Wby has broken 3 Leuplods. So far i haven't been able to break one

Illumination is a necessity when using a FFP on low power in marginal light

Good thread on these scopes with all the info. I'll need to do more research on my next scope.