Nightforce NX8 announcement

Also, why do so many people like a 1st focal over a second even on an all around hunting gun not just longer range when the cross hares are so hard to see on low power?
Thanks for any feedback.
I agree with you that the reticle is hard to see on the minimum power, however the majority of the time I find myself in the middle to upper power range where it is not an issue regardless if 1st or 2nd plane.

Also, why do so many people like a 1st focal over a second even on an all around hunting gun not just longer range when the cross hares are so hard to see on low power?
Thanks for any feedback.

Crosshairs on low power- not really an issue, many have illuminated reticles. If you're hunting with your scope already set to a low magnification, you can have the illum already on a low setting.

I only have one FFP scope at present, but for target shooting it's great for determining number of inches off zero or whatever. I got hooked on FFP but the extra weight (and cost) does make me rethink my next one for hunting. Mostly the weight issue.

But think about windage rather than elevation. I never dial for windage, always hold off. For reasons of habit I suppose, I know drift in inches not MOA for my loads.

What are your thoughts comparing the 32x NX8 to a 22x NXS for hunting use? I ended up choosing a 22X NXS this week over the 32X NX8. The NXS has better eye relief, and has the 56MM obj. I know I'm giving up the higher magnification, and a couple ounces in weight. But I think for most hunting under 750 yards, the NXS should be fine. If the NX8 had the 56MM I would have got it. I have the 20X shv and have hunted a lot with it and love it. I think having the 56mm obj makes the shv a winner. I also have the 35X atacr, but the atacr is too heavy for my hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts