Nightforce NX8 announcement

I've been waiting since the FFP NX8 4-32x50 came out to buy what I hope is the best possible long range hunting scope that is both reasonably lightweight and that has a reasonably small footprint.

I can't wait to get my hands on an SFP NX8 4-32x50 scope and hope to see reviews on them soon.

I doubt I'll be getting rid of my NXS and ATACR scopes just yet but maybe one or two...

Im gonna have quite a few shipping out to me next week. Im bedding them into rings and leveling them for free. I have the 4-32 and 2.5-20 coming. Bedding is the only way to ensure the scope doesn't slip due to recoil. Lapping doesn't work right since the lapping bar isn't the same size as your scope. And it makes the rings have a slippery finish. Ive taken the same model of scope as a set of rings were bedded for and the fit wasn't the same as the scope it was bedded for.

What do ya'll think of that CF2D reticle? I'm not overwhelmingly impressed by it. Am I missing something? I would have preferred a non-illuminated with a lower price and a less cluttered reticle. I feel like all those little red dots are going to look like a sting of Christmas lights.

hmmm... how many arca adapters and muzzle brakes do I need to sell to get one of these!

I've never had a nightforce but have shot guns with them! They are so nice! This is actually cheaper than I was expecting them to be, but I never pay attention to scopes that expensive!

Does anyone know if they are made here in Idaho? Or Japan?

Im gonna have quite a few shipping out to me next week. Im bedding them into rings and leveling them for free. I have the 4-32 and 2.5-20 coming. Bedding is the only way to ensure the scope doesn't slip due to recoil. Lapping doesn't work right since the lapping bar isn't the same size as your scope. And it makes the rings have a slippery finish. Ive taken the same model of scope as a set of rings were bedded for and the fit wasn't the same as the scope it was bedded for.

I'm not sure I quite understand your post. I've never had any scope slip in my rings. Are you putting them on super magnum ultra light rifles?

I guess it could partly be because I now use the Burris Signature rings with the plastic inserts but it wasn't always so.

Anyway are you willing to post your price for these scopes here? If not would you please shoot me a PM with a price?

The vast majority of the rifles I build are 7.5 lb 300 norma improved hunting rifles, not including optics. Ive seen scopes slip in everything, even spuhr mounts, because they werent bedded. Even smaller cartridges will cause a scope to slip.
Prices are as follows:
Im selling the
4-32 for $2100 shipped, bedded and leveled in rings.
2.5-20 for $1900 shipped, bedded and leveled in rings.
Rings are extra. Depending on the rings I can work a deal out on em.

I use release agent so the scope isn't permanently glued in there. However the fit is so good that i can pick the rifle up by the scope with the top caps off. If its a lightweight rifle.

If a guy doesn't want that done then send me a message for a price difference.

The vast majority of the rifles I build are 7.5 lb 300 norma improved hunting rifles, not including optics. Ive seen scopes slip in everything, even spuhr mounts, because they werent bedded. Even smaller cartridges will cause a scope to slip.
Prices are as follows:
Im selling the
4-32 for $2100 shipped, bedded and leveled in rings.
2.5-20 for $1900 shipped, bedded and leveled in rings.
Rings are extra. Depending on the rings I can work a deal out on em.

I use release agent so the scope isn't permanently glued in there. However the fit is so good that i can pick the rifle up by the scope with the top caps off. If its a lightweight rifle.

If a guy doesn't want that done then send me a message for a price difference.
Do you ship to Canada?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.