nightforce nx-8 Mil-c reticle question

amork

Lately I have been out shooting alot more being a broken ankle makes it alot harder to work so why not shoot. I have been sitting behind my 6.5 prc with the scope above and have been struggling a bit to see the center dot once it hits parts of the black target at close distances such as 100 yard target shooting. I find myself more and more looking at the vertical and horizontal reticle lines to see if they are centered on what I am shooting at vs actually looking at the center dot and putting that on the target. I guess i can shoot well this way, it takes me longer to get on target and shoot but has anyone had this issue? I just had the action (defiance ruckus) and stock (manners t6-a) ordered for a .260 build here probably in the spring and I am looking in the scope market. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My targets when shooting floating dot reticles, are small black dots on white paper. Make them just slightly larger than the dot. The center of the milC is 0.05 mil, or 0.18" at 100y make the dot 1/4", 200y 1/2, 400 1". Makes for a very precise aiming point.

Ive been sitting down and trying to work through this and i think the bottom line is my vision! i switched targets to the typical 1" grid sight in target that i could see a little better and that definitely helped improve shot groups. I looked through my glasses here a couple days ago from a far I wondered how i could actually see through them. So wednesday I have an eye appointment and hopefully I can get to the bottom of this. I did try the illuminated reticle and with it on a low brightness, it seemed to help a little. I'd honestly never turned it on before and had to look up how to use it on this scope. THanks for the input!

Ive been sitting down and trying to work through this and i think the bottom line is my vision! i switched targets to the typical 1" grid sight in target that i could see a little better and that definitely helped improve shot groups. I looked through my glasses here a couple days ago from a far I wondered how i could actually see through them. So wednesday I have an eye appointment and hopefully I can get to the bottom of this. I did try the illuminated reticle and with it on a low brightness, it seemed to help a little. I'd honestly never turned it on before and had to look up how to use it on this scope. THanks for the input!
Curious if you have adjusted the eye piece reticle focus for your vision? That will be set it and forget it. Also, are you adjusting parallax very time you move distances/targets To make the target crisp?

Found out glasses was not the issue, tried my prescription safety glasses and pretty much had same result. Adjusting parallax I was always good about doing and yes when i had this rifle built I made sure it was set for me. Something that I tried tonight, may have helped more than I expected. I have extremely long arms, 6' 3" and supposed to have a 15." length of pull. Well I've never actually had a correct lop on a stock, just shot 13.5" on everything and never knew any different. Out of curiosity, I put a slip on recoil pad on this stock and laid out prone. I didn't shoot at all but it seems to have looked alot better to me and I noticed I can stay in focus on the scope alot longer. I'm not sure if there was multiple things leading to my issues but I have noticed that the eyebox is pretty finicky on these nx-8's. We'll see tomorrow as I'm going to take her out and ring some steel to test my theory.

It could somewhat just be the scope, I had the 2.5-20 in mil-c and fought the same thing. I have the Mil-c in other NF scopes and love it and have zero problems with it. The NX8 and I just didn't get along. Getting the diopter set is very important for sure, and the parallax is so sensitive on them (2.5-20 more so then the 4-32) that I simply wasn't a fan.

You a orange sticky dot or make your own target,maybe a diamond shape may help.I shot at 1.5 orange dot and fit prefect in open space of my TMR @ 400 yrds