Nightforce NX 8 4-32

shooters

Ok. I've read for days! I need a sub 30oz scope. I currently have a few ATACR's , 1 NXS and a few Mark 5HDs. So I have scopes to compare to each other.

Honesty, my favorite scope is the Mark5 HD. I love the turret, feel, glass, reticle and weight. Like I mentioned, I need another sub 30oz scope. I was gonna pick up another Mark 5HD since it's phenomenal but consider the Vortex AMG but honestly it's hard for me to get past the name.
Ive heard a lot of negative about the NX8 4-20 with the parallax, eye box, edge distortion, mushy turrets and so on....but I'm assuming the 4-32 wouldn't have some of these optical issues due to size/length.

So needed a little help deciding and need real experience with the 4-32 from those you've used it. I've also never used an AMG either.
Would really like to know from experienced individuals if the AMG, Mark 5HD or the NX8 would be a better choice?
All things matter.
Glass clarity, resolution, CA control.
Turret design and feel And so on.
Rifle is used from hunting to killing plates 50-1300 yards.

Im mostly concerned about clarity. I know all are repeatable, track well and are dependable. I'm concerned the NX8 over 20 power is gonna be horrible, especially after reviews on the 4-20 being so bad.

Last edited:
I really dig my Mk5's as well.
I need one more scope and was all set on a 4-32 nx8.
I changed my mind for now, way too many guys saying the eye box sucks and parallax is a killer.
I'm thinking since I want a lighter scope I'll just spend a few hundred extra and get a March

In real life hunting I find that I am rarely past 20 x, more so if on the trigger for follow up.

I quickly sold my NX8 FFP because I couldn't even see the reticle at low powers even with the illumination cranked all the way up.

I'd wait for the SFP before ever considering another NX8.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.