Nightforce NSX 5,5-22

The NXS scopes are great scopes. Tuff as nails, great glass, Accurate/repeatable adjustments, smooth side focus, awesome variety of reticles. IMO, the R1 & R2 reticles are the cats meow.

I have 8 NXSs- couldnt be happier.

Night Force

ok Thanks to all , I bought a 5.5 - 22 x 56 NSX Npr2 yesterday.
It is very expensive, but not very much more than my four Swarovsky optics.
I would buy it by internet in USA, but I have not found a sellerl that send the scope in Italy... and in Italy they are more expensive that in USA.. :-(
This evening i'll mount it on my 7 rem.mag and in weekend I'll go at the range..

Lorenzo

For proven repeatability day in and day out, I will take a NXS NF anyday over a Leupy.

NXS has much tighter standards on parallax too. Mark 4 scopes out past 500 yards will shot high right because of this. The lens groups in the NXS are aligned to such a high degree that they are much more accurate at long range.

The NXS is tested at the factory for this, and will not pass any scope with 1/16 MOA shift or more across the whole range of the parallax knob adjustment.

Are NF worth it..... YOU BET !!

My Mk4s don't hit high-right beyond 500.
My Leupold reticles aren't canted w/resp to their turret and action.

How would parallax adjustments cause a high-right POA?

This is how it was explained to me-

Quote-

"The parallax adjustment only helps reduce the error of the reticle
placement on the target when your eye is not in the center of the optics.
If you are highly skilled at placing your eye in the center, and can hold
it there, you can then turn the parallax knob and see if you are getting
reticle shift. Reticle shift occurs when there is a slight misalignment
in the lens group or misalignment between lens groups. None of this
matters much inside 200 yards where most guys actually shoot and practice.
Since I shoot mainly at 600 in practice and beyond when out in the field,
it matter a great deal to me.

If you are not skilled at centering your eye in the scope, that is no
problem when trying to proof a scope's alignment. All you have to do is
set the parallax knob on one setting and move your eye up and down looking
for the highest point the reticle reaches and the lowest point it reaches
on the target. It should be easy for your eye to find the midpoint of
those two extremes. Now, move the parallax knob to a slightly different
setting, and repeat the vertical movement of your eye, once again noting
the extremes. With most scopes you will notice not only a vertical shift
of the crosshair on the target, but a substantial horizontal shift as
well. This is not acceptable for a long range scope.

Our HRT team had 5 Leupolds, we had problems with them holding Zeros and with the parallax knobs causing point of aim shifts. We switched them to the Nightforce nxs models and both problems went away."

Unquote

Forgive me but I have to say, I don't believe a **** bit of it..

There is always parallax with high power scopes when changing ranges. Takes ~20secs to adjust it out.
Leupold, NF, matters not.

Night force

I have 2 Nightforce Scopes. a 3.5 x 15 and a 5.5 x 22 . I am waiting for Glen Seekins to make my 20 moa rail for my rifle then I will mount my 3.5 x 15
on the 7 mmmStw.

Below is a post I made several months ago about experience with Leupold. Keep in mind I have an assortment of 6 Leupolds in my gun cabinent right now. However, after looking through a NF, there is no comparison IMO.

My Dad and I bought a pair of them (6.5-20 x 50 long range) last winter. Early this Spring, Dad's had something go wrong internally. At 200 yards, a 3MOA adjustment moved POI exactly 3"! This was very clear and repeatable.

He sent it to Leupold. After waiting 3-4 weeks it came back with paperwork implying that nothing was wrong with it. However, after mounting it and test firing it, it worked fine under the same circumstances. When he called Leupold to inquire what they had fixed the response was, "Just take it and shoot it. Let us know if something is wrong." Very poor customer service.

After about 20 rounds on his 6.5WM Sendero, it screwed up again. This time when making a vertical adjustment, the entire erector assembly was screwing out of the scope! That was the last straw with him and fortunately the Gander Mountain where we bought them gave him a refund. Up to this point, my scope had worked flawlessly. Dad now has a Nightforce.

Within a couple days, my scope had the exact same problem with the erector assembly backing out of the scope when making vertical adjustments. Gander Mountain refused to give me a refund until I had sent it back to Leupold at least once (fair enough). I called and talked to the manager of technical services and gave it to him with both barrels. To be fair they did respond quickly. They sent me a UPS shipper and had the scope back in my hands with a test target in about 5 business days. That was about three weeks ago and the scope is still working fine.

Take that for what it's worth........

To be fair, the scope has functioned fine for a couple months now.

Forgive me but I have to say, I don't believe a **** bit of it..
Get yourself a collimator and start checking scopes. It happens. With most good ones it's only a fraction of an MOA and certainly wouldn't be noticed in normal use. Sort of like the POI moving as the power is changed on a SFP scope--it will if everything isn't aligned perfectly. In most cases with good scopes it'll be so little you'll never notice. If a scope has something out of alignment, it might be bigger.

Nightforce turret ?

I know you can reset the turrets to zero . My BR Nightforce in zero is 6.X and I can reset it to read 6.0. Can you reset the NXS to read 0.0 and not 6.0 or can you only reset the minor number ? I hope I made it clear,

Thanks,Keith

I bought one back in july. once I got over the sticker shock, I could not be happier. You get what you pay for. I will have a couple of more in the near future, I am that impressed.

It went down the same way with me. It set me back to buy it but I NEVER once regretted it. It made shooting past 1k much easier for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.